Thread: Schwarzenegger In Toxic Avenger Remake?

Schwarzenegger In Toxic Avenger Remake?

Yeah, according to Variety, he's in talks to star - but he won't be playing Toxie (no surprise there - I can't see Arnie taking a role that would require a mask - why cast him if you can't recognize him?).

"Arnold Schwarzenegger is in talks to star in the new “Toxic Avenger,” but he’s no Toxie. He’s in negotiations for another lead role in the reimagining of the 1980s cult pic.

International Film Trust, the sales outfit launched last week by Benaroya Pictures and Miscellaneous Entertainment, is pitching Steve Pink’s reboot of the campy 1984 action comedy in the run-up to Cannes. New project has been described as an action adventure geared toward mainstream auds.

Schwarzengegger is talks with the producers to star. “Hot Tub Time Machine” helmer Pink and Daniel C. Mitchell penned the script while Elysium Films is attached to produce, along with Akiva Goldsman, Richard Saperstein, Charlie Corwin and Michael Benaroya."

Weird.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I could see him playing the fat corrupt mayor. Or Bozo...

"I am stressed Julie he is stressing me!"
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Here's what I'd read about the role proposed for him:

Schwarzenegger would play "the Exterminator," a former black ops agent, who trains Toxie to use his powers for good. Together they take on the lurking menace created by the polluters, and the polluters themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Apronikoff View Post
    Here's what I'd read about the role proposed for him:
    That sounds pretty good.

Can't say I'd be interested in the film but I sure hope Troma made a killing licensing the rights. Sometimes, on dark nights when I think about the costs of blu-ray licensing for a small outfit like Troma, I worry about their financial situation.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Can't say I'd be interested in the film but I sure hope Troma made a killing licensing the rights. Sometimes, on dark nights when I think about the costs of blu-ray licensing for a small outfit like Troma, I worry about their financial situation.
    ^^this!

Much like the Charles Band/Full Moon situation, as long as this gives Troma enough money to keep pumping out their product for a few more years I couldn't care less about this remake!

Anyway, it was already made into a kids cartoon and a video game.....This can't be much weirder!!!

Arnold should play TOXIE...he has the build and an accent!(and, if we are being harsh) the acting level!!!

I have absolutely no reaction or opinion on this.

Remake to be written and directed by Macon Blair.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/to...ir-1202052720/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!