Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: The Random Shaw Brothers Viewing Thread

I could've sworn this has been out for awhile already? Anyway, it's not English friendly since TVP received a cease and desist from Celestial and lost their license anyway. Speaking of which, the latest news about TVP is not good either. They might fold altogether. But yeah, the US Blu Ray of DELIGHTFUL FOREST is one of the worst Blu Rays that Well Go ever released. An interlaced mess.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

3 of September's shaw's releases from WVG Medien in Germany shipped today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
    3 of September's shaw's releases from WVG Medien in Germany shipped today.
    Do you have any info on the next batch of releases after WEB OF DEATH, SHADOW WHIP & SAVAGE 5?

Found these:
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...f_rd_i=desktop

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07...f_rd_i=desktop

Havent seen anything new from them though, these are from Koch.
    Last edited by Mark C.; 10-01-2017 at 12:38 AM.

I'll be picking up those Koch titles since they're English friendly. I hope we hear something soon about future WVG SBs releases. I've been pretty satisfied with these mainly due to them being budget priced! The only letdown was HUMAN LANTERNS due to the lack of subs after initially stating they would have them.

Haven't heard a peep about the next batch of WVG Media Shaw Brothers blu ray titles but Koch Media has been busy with two further SBs Chang Cheh titles up for pre-order. Scheduled for a January 11th release are English friendly blu rays of SHAOLIN RESCUERS and DUEL OF FISTS.

Last edited by 47lab; 11-02-2017 at 12:02 AM. Reason: resized pics

FilmArt will be re-releasing their blu ray of Chang Cheh's THE DEADLY DUO in a single amaray case with different artwork. I've read the release date is at the end of this month and yes, it will include English subs with the original Mandarin audio like the previous BD release.

Also, re-releasing a couple of their other kung fu titles in a double pack on DVD. FISTS OF THE DOUBLE K aka FIST TO FIST and THUNDER KICK aka SURVIVAL OF THE DRAGON. Like the previous releases, these will have the English dub.

The more important news for me is that FilmArt will be releasing Pao Hsueh Li's Taiwanese swordplay flick, THE HEROES aka SHAOLIN REVENGER on 4K remastered blu ray with an expected release date of April 2018.

I'm still waiting on the last three releases from Germany that were shipped in Sept, getting kind of worried as they are MIA, Also ordered stuff of Amazon.fr and that hasnt showed up either. Mail is so slow for packets. That THE REVENGER release looks sweet, Ti Lung!

Strangely I've always received my Amazon Germany orders fairly quickly, while my buddy has waited weeks longer for his to arrive even when he's ordered a few days before me and he only lives 20 or so miles away. I did have an issue once where THE EMPEROR AND HIS BROTHER never showed up within the estimated time frame and after contacting customer service, they sent me a replacement via upgraded DHL expedited shipping. I've always been impressed with Amazon Germany's customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    Strangely I've always received my Amazon Germany orders fairly quickly, while my buddy has waited weeks longer for his to arrive even when he's ordered a few days before me and he only lives 20 or so miles away. I did have an issue once where THE EMPEROR AND HIS BROTHER never showed up within the estimated time frame and after contacting customer service, they sent me a replacement via upgraded DHL expedited shipping. I've always been impressed with Amazon Germany's customer service.
    Yes me too, The service in Germany is top notch, Whatever issues I've had over the years have always been resolved.