Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: The Random Shaw Brothers Viewing Thread

I forgot about that one. Was just watching the trailer, and in it she yells "I hate drugs!" but I feel like in the feature it's translated as something like "I hate the drugs so much!" Either way, gold.

Yeah, that was unintentionally hilarious. You won't see that type of blatant heavy moralizing in Japanese/US exploitation flicks of that era but these HK flicks are always guaranteed to have the 'crime doesn't pay' ending.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Appears Terrence Brady aka teako was right on about his estimate of the release date of the Alexander Fu Sheng biography to coincide with Fu Sheng's birthday. He mentioned it's in the final stages and a release is imminent. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    Appears Terrence Brady aka teako was right on about his estimate of the release date of the Alexander Fu Sheng biography to coincide with Fu Sheng's birthday. He mentioned it's in the final stages and a release is imminent. Looking forward to it.

Can't wait. He is truly my favorite actor out of the Shaw Brothers group next to Ti Lung. I've been tracking down all his films in anticipation of this book and have watched and own 35 out of 43 of his films thus far.
    Last edited by Mark C.; 09-08-2018 at 05:18 AM.

I like Ti Lung quite a bit too. Well, the Iron Triangle flicks were good. Fu Sheng just had this charisma and had breakout international star written all over him before his untimely death. Who knows what path his career would've taken had he got the part in SITES? Hard to pick one favorite SBs actor though -- so many good ones!

Since you mention Ti Lung, let me plug The Magic Blade, which I watched for the first time last week. Wonderful fun and an expensive-looking production.

yeah, THE MAGIC BLADE is a good one. One of Chor Yuen's more accessible flicks and both Ti Lung and Lo Lieh share equal billing. That Peacock Dart is one of the more interesting weapons too and that Devil Grandma character had me busting up every time she appears onscreen. Hopefully this whole Weinstein fiasco will allow the rights to go to someone else who'll do justice to it and release it on blu ray.

That reminds me - what happened to the remake of this by Xu Haofeng? I recall it was supposed to be based off the mmorpg game, THE MOONLIGHT BLADE but haven't heard a peep since that news was announced a few years back. I was looking forward to it as it had to be better than that Derek Yee remake of DEATH DUEL.