Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Shaw Brothers Viewing Thread

FYI, the TVP mediabook blu ray with English dub of WAY OF THE TIGER aka CHALLENGE THE DRAGON is available on Amazon.de. As with most of these mediabooks from Germany, this is terribly overpriced.

https://www.amazon.de/Die-Rache-Kara.../dp/B079FNPTZ8
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Why anyone would want to spend £30 on upgrading this film is beyond me. strictly average/poor fare. the code red dvd of it is enough for me..

note : the CR dvd runs 85 minutes NTSC , this new version lists 94 minutes ..

Picked up a custom fan sub of KILLERS ON WHEELS sourced from the remastered German dvd. Glad to be able to finally watch this flick without that annoying watermark.

I just wanted to post this picture of Ti Lung rocking fingerless leather gloves that popped up on twitter.

Name:  DY-GzGjVMAA7oyP.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  63.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I like David Chiang. Don't know about his shirt though...
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    TVP + FilmArt collab on THE NEW ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN BD is one I'm looking forward to this year but one of their first dvd releases for the New Year is going to be WU TANG MAGIC KICK aka THE MAR'S VILLA. It's English friendly. I have the old Crash Masters dvd somewhere but no idea how this will compare.

I'm glad I didn't blind buy this as the reviews on Amazon say it's the same print as the Crash Masters one except anamorphic and the same audio issues are present as well on the dub. If you don't already own the CM two disc version (it's OOP now) & want to own this flick on dvd (not bootleg) & have the English dub then this will be your alternative. diabolikdvd has it in stock for $24.99.

Speaking of German kung fu titles, glad to see the Asia Line is still going with a couple more releases in June and July. The Chinese wuxia flick, THE WHITE DRAGON SWORD will be the next release (#13) in the series. Unfortunately, it's not going to be English friendly. #14 in the series will be THE BROTHER TWO aka FATAL STRIKE & that one will have the English dub.
    Last edited by 47lab; 05-20-2018 at 08:10 PM. Reason: fixed preorder links to Amazon.de

White Dragon Sword will not have original Mandarin audio either, I will have to pass on this.

For anyone in the NYC area who doesn't already have plans tonight, Boxer's Omen is showing at the Anthology Film Archives.

http://anthologyfilmarchives.org/fil...#showing-49011
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    For anyone in the NYC area who doesn't already have plans tonight, Boxer's Omen is showing at the Anthology Film Archives.

http://anthologyfilmarchives.org/fil...#showing-49011
    Boxer's Omen in 35mm! I'm almost tempted to book a flight to NY!

Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    I heard Inked Pictures really screwed over Kung Fu Bob and all the titles they were supposed to release last year (THE PIRATE, KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARM, CHINATOWN KID) just ended up vaporware. Although, a few of their releases are for sale on eBay like THE ANGRY GUEST. I saw on their FB that these are indeed English friendly. Anyone brave enough to bite the bullet?
    Looks like Koch Media is finally releasing THE ANGRY GUEST on blu ray & dvd. So hope no one shelled out 30€ + for that IP media book. Up for pre-order now at Amazon.de and as usual, will be region B locked and come with English subs and reversible sleeve.