Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Corruption (Peter Cushing)

I'm watching this one tonight.

Edit:
    I enjoyed it. At first I was expecting a sleazy pile of trash but it turned out to be tamer than I what I was hoping for. However, I stopped being disappointed when I realised it was actually a well-made and very entertaining film. Of course, the blood 'n violence were the highlights (cool wide angle shots) but I also liked all of the twists this story had to offer. The image quality was stunning by the way! 7.5/10.
    Last edited by Wllm Clys; 10-08-2013 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick King View Post
    Just a heads up, Grindhouse Releasing tweeted that this Blu-ray is limited to 2000 copies.
    Now, Grindhouse Releasing posted on their facebook page that this isn't a limited edition:
    Nobody "dropped the ball." The release was more popular than the retailers like Amazon anticipated. They didn't order enough copies to meet the demand. This is not a limited edition release. We have manufactured plenty of copies and will manufacture more if necessary. The retailers are temporarily out of stock, that's all. It happens all the time. Retailers are very cautious these days because they don't want to be stuck with a lot of inventory if the title doesn't sell. We can't control them.
    I hope that Amazon gets more copies in soon, so they can send me mine.

My copy shipped a couple days ago from Importcds.
    It's also $16.00 instead of Amazon's $25

sigh, can't cancel the amazon order because part of it already shipped and if I cancelled CORRUPTION the order would be under $25 and I'd have to pay shipping on a cheap disc that I ordered to get the free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bernhard View Post
    My copy shipped a couple days ago from Importcds.
    It's also $16.00 instead of Amazon's $25
    Not bad I paid mine 19.99 at Diabolik, but it would have been much higher from Amazon. For two discs (I got The Haunting in the same package) I've paid 47.98$, at Amazon it would have been 59.43$ (just .97$ more for the shipping, but a 7.98$ deposit for the import fee is charged).

So, would everyone agree that CORRUPTION is a worthy celebration of Peter Cushing's career on his 100th birthday?
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

I refuse to agree to anything, as I haven't seen the film (fucking amazon)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
    So, would everyone agree that CORRUPTION is a worthy celebration of Peter Cushing's career on his 100th birthday?
    I revisited it this weekend (via the 'international version', which I hadn't seen before) and enjoyed it very much - although it's probably not the film Cushing would like to be remembered for. The use of wide-angle lenses during the murders works very nicely, but the rest of the film is quite flatly shot. I'd forgotten how frustrating the score was: it's completely out of step with the content of the film. I'd also forgotten how much of a bitch Sue Lloyd is in this: she's a true femme fatale.

For me, this sits in a lineage of films that encompasses PEEPING TOM and Hitchcock's FRENZY: disreputable films by reputable auteurs (in this case, not Hartford-Davis but Cushing, the film's 'star').

I'm certainly glad to see this film get a good release.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

I'd forgotten how frustrating the score was: it's completely out of step with the content of the film
    This was one of the hurdles that prevented me from completely enjoying the film. I just thought that its perhaps one of the worst misplaced choices for a score ever. What should have been chilling or at least dramatic was turned into something that I laughed at because of the music. The second issue I had was the speeded up chase scene. I just couldn't take that seriously. If it wasn't for those two aspects, I think I would have enjoyed it a hell of a lot more. You know there is something amiss when you laugh at a film that is supposed to be straight up horror and controversial in its approach too. Maybe now I have seen it for the first time, I should probably watch it again with a different approach, because initially I was expecting too much. That's the issue when something gets too much hype beforehand.

Another try might prove more anjoyable.
    It's not a good film by any means, so going in with any other expectation other than watching Cushing sleaze it up ( or eyeballing Kate O Mara and Vanessa Howard in early roles ) would lead to a let down.
    Sue Lloyd is a bit too convincing as the shrewish bitch wife and the last third is a mess that falls flat on it's face. Having seen the film half a dozen times over the last 40 years, I really wanted this one for the extras, and also just because it managed to find a release in the US. The film has been obscure for a reason