Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psycho II & Psycho III Blu-rays From Scream Factory

Psycho II & Psycho III Blu-rays From Scream Factory

Another one to split off from the main Scream thread....

Extras have been announced!

PSYCHO II
    - All-new Audio Commentary with Screenwriter Tom Holland
    - Vintage interviews with cast and crew including Anthony Perkins and Director Richard Franklin
    - Vintage audio interviews with cast and crew
    - TV Spots
    - Original Theatrical Trailer

PSYCHO III
    - New Audio Commentary with Screenwriter Charles Edward Pogue
    - Watch The Guitar:New interview with Actor Jeff Fahey
    - Patsy’s Last Night: New interview with Actress Katt Shea
    - Mother’s Maker: New interview with Special Make-Up Effects Creator Michael Westmore
    - Body Double: New interview with Brinke Stevens
    Original Theatrical Trailer

Name:  971380_312546385549046_1358861203_n.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  76.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Shit. Looks like I'm getting rid of my DVDs after all. Scream Factory is going to be getting a lot of my money.

Psycho II & Psycho III Blu-rays From Scream Factory

I love PSYCHO II.

Perkins and Tilly are great and Dennis Franz is a killer sleazeball.

Agreed.

I got a PYSCHO III poster from the video store I worked at. It was pretty grand. Wish that I still had it.

I never thought I'd see the day where we'd get special editions of the sequels. Except part 4 that is.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Yeah...great stuff...just a shame Mr Perkins is not here to take part in them....

Watched both discs this weekend, good stuff. I remember thinking that II was the better sequel but I dunno... III holds up really well in a lot of ways. I think you feel more for Norman in III because just as he's starting to build a relationship with Maureen, it all hits the fan for him. Transfers are good on both discs, a nice solid upgrade over the DVDs. Good extras too. These are worth getting.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Watched both discs this weekend, good stuff. I remember thinking that II was the better sequel but I dunno... III holds up really well in a lot of ways. I think you feel more for Norman in III because just as he's starting to build a relationship with Maureen, it all hits the fan for him. Transfers are good on both discs, a nice solid upgrade over the DVDs. Good extras too. These are worth getting.
    Recently watched both of these too, not the blu-rays but the old dvd's. I like that together 2 and 3 play off each other as one long narrative.

I felt more sympathy for him in 2 and I liked the ambiguity of it better. 3 is more of a straight forward slasher. It was hard to me for care about his relationship with Maureen because he's already killed a bunch of people, again. Jeff Fahey kinda deserved it but once he killed his real mother at the end of part 2 there was no going back. He struggled hard in part 2 to be normal but everyone made him crack. Once the corpse was in the window again in 3 it was business as usual.

That said 3 is a lot of sleazy fun. Jeff Fahey is great. The opening with the nuns is fantastic. It was jokier all around. The sheriff eating the bloody ice, Norman using the same spoon for stuffing the dead pigeons that he used for eating peanut butter.

But I still think part 2 is better. It plays well off the first movie without shitting on it, which is amazing that they pulled it off. But in the end I like to think of 2 and 3 as one long movie with their own logic separate from the rest. Part 2 begins with him getting out of prison, part 3 ends with him going back in. There's the arc.

All these years later both are still very enjoyable.
    Last edited by Scott; 08-25-2013 at 09:38 PM.

I have to get these.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.