Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The best shot from your last roll of film/memory card.

It's simple but it works. How much post are you doing on these shots, Dom? Are you filtering in camera or doing it in Photoshop? You definitely have an eye for glamor.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    It's simple but it works. How much post are you doing on these shots, Dom? Are you filtering in camera or doing it in Photoshop? You definitely have an eye for glamor.
    I do very little in camera. Is it possible to do much in camera? Post depends largely on the shot. That last shot was only about 5 minutes in post and most of that was cleaning up the background which was a crinkled bedsheet. Because she's turned into the light there's no shadows and nothing to clean up.

The red pasties shot immediately before that on this page though is a massive photoshop job. I didn't like the background on that shot so I replaced it. I added a fake flare to justify the overexposure on the hair, heavy airbrushing with the dodge and burn tools and a lot of colour work. That much work is unusual. Generally it's clean up the background, smooth the skin and then play with colour and luminance curves till it looks nice.

Just for comparison here's unedited. You can see it's not had a lot, still looks great but just looks cleaner edited:

On the other hand this one had a little bit of work done to it.

Last edited by Dom D; 06-22-2014 at 06:19 PM.

I've never been able to do much in camera except to soften the background, but I've known people who could do more than that. Nice job on the rough vs. finished shot - can see the sheet in the bottom corners but outside of that it's well hidden.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I've filled an absurd number of memory cards over the last week. About 80GBs in a week actually. Here's a snap from one of 'em.

Ring in the nose and tattoo around the "Vag" area spoil the mood of that one for me Dom....(not like you are doing them for me or anything...just saying!)

Hey I just shoot them. I don't paint 'em or pierce 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Hey I just shoot them. I don't paint 'em or pierce 'em.
    Maybe you could get a combined photography/tattoo/piercing business going...branching out and all that!

Vacation camera phone shots of lakes and ducks.

Name:  lake1.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  55.0 KB

Name:  lkae2.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  68.2 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Nice duck!