Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BLACK EMANUELLE films and offshoots

I just watched this again on Saturday...Came out in 1977 though, not 1984...

One of his better ones...

As far as Emanuelle's Daughter...I have it but have not watched it in a long time. One of the girls in there was really young and has nude scenes...I felt kind of creepy watching it.

LAST CANNIBALS is a very entertaining film. Monkeys puffing on fags and all that.

Of D'Amato's Emanuelle pictures, I prefer EMANUELLE IN AMERICA and EMANUELLE AROUND THE WORLD, however.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

No Gemser, but Emanuelle's Revenge is also very good...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    No Gemser, but Emanuelle's Revenge is also very good...
    Yes, this one (also known as EMANUELLE E FRANCOIS) is offbeat to say the least but surprisingly well done. Gets weird as hell when Eastman is hallucinating in that hidden room. Rosemarie Lindt is quite hot too. This one has a great soundtrack as well, from Gianni Marchetti.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

I like EMANUELLE'S REVENGE too. I'm also a fan of Mattei's two WIP Emanuelle flicks.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Didn't I read somewhere that Bruno Mattei's two WIP films with Gemser were not intended to be Emanuelle films and then became Emanuelle films after the fact, in the dubbing stage. Or maybe I'm confusing them with some other films.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    I just watched this again on Saturday...Came out in 1977 though, not 1984...

One of his better ones...

As far as Emanuelle's Daughter...I have it but have not watched it in a long time. One of the girls in there was really young and has nude scenes...I felt kind of creepy watching it.
    In that case you'd better get rid of it to spare your peace of mind. I'll give you $30 paypal right now. Tomorrow I go out of town so let's do it today.
    Last edited by Richard--W; 09-03-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
    Didn't I read somewhere that Bruno Mattei's two WIP films with Gemser were not intended to be Emanuelle films and then became Emanuelle films after the fact, in the dubbing stage. Or maybe I'm confusing them with some other films.
    That's right, but there are quite a few other Black Emanuelle films that have a tenuous relationship with the series too.

The Mattei films fit the template in terms of the character Gemser plays (a maverick reporter), however.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    That's right, but there are quite a few other Black Emanuelle films that have a tenuous relationship with the series too.

The Mattei films fit the template in terms of the character Gemser plays (a maverick reporter), however.
    Yeah, it was either Blade Violent or Violence in a Women's Prison which was retitled 'Emanuelle Escapes From Hell' after the dubbing. I have both of the Severin sets, a bunch of the other standalone releases (America, Cannibals, Around the World) and even some of the knock offs (a burn of Emanuelle's Revenge and the Televista DVD of A Man For Emanuelle with Erika Blanc) but have been searching for the Stormovie version of Black Emanuelle for a while now. Tried to order it from MovieMars on Amazon, but they gave me the worst runaround, and I was forced to cancel the order.

I, too love the Fidenco and Marchetti scores, Andrew, although my wife laughs whenever I rock "Let's Take a Picture of Love' in the car, and nixed its inclusion at our wedding playlist, heh heh.

Last edited by Scyther; 09-03-2013 at 07:28 PM.

EMANUELLE IN BANGKOK is my favorite, with LAST CANNIBALS, AROUND THE WORLD and IN AMERICA taking up the rest of the top spots. But really if it has Laura Gemser in it taking her clothes off it's a winner.

I asked this question years ago on the dvdmaniac board and got no answer but I'll try again .....

In the mid 90's Cinemax played a marathon of Black Emanuelle movies. One of them began with Laura naked in the desert (or jungle, but pretty sure it was the desert) while the opening credits rolled. I've seen a lot of the Black Em movies in the meantime but none of them have this scene that is burned into my adolescent brain. I know there's quite a few knock offs but I'm just wondering if anyone has any clue to which film this might be.