Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BLACK EMANUELLE films and offshoots

Quote Originally Posted by Damin J. Toell View Post
    You could say that about pretty much any setting: "since it's set ______, Gemser does do a lot of nude scenes."
    But this time the setting gives it context, dammit!

But yeah, point taken.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    Your Amazon login details should also work on Italian Amazon, Scyther, allowing you to order it from there,

Here's the page for the Stormovie release.
    http://www.amazon.it/Emanuelle-Versi...emanuelle+nera
    Cheers, Paul. Might give that a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    Is there a nice release of EMANUELLE QUEEN OF THE DESERT anywhere?
    I'm looking for a decent transfer, too.

I have a budget disc of it as THE DIRTY SEVEN. I like it a fair bit, pretty serious and verges on grim at times. Angelo Infante from PISTOLEROS and lots of 1970s sexploitation is in it with Gemser and Gabriele Tinti.
    Avoid the Cheezy Flicks edition entitled EMANUELLE QUEEN OF THE DESERT. It looks as if someone aimed a video camera at a TV screen and pressed that to DVD. Just wretched.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Yeah, from memory my copy of THE DIRTY SEVEN is pretty awful too.

I finally got a copy of the newish documentary, MUSIC FOR THE BLACK QUEEN this week. Hope to watch it over the weekend. I suspect the audio only interview with Gemser is the same one that was on one of the EMANUELLE dvds. Still sounds like a darn cool doco though.

"A special set of documentary material on the legendary Emanuelle film series from the 70s – filled with a wealth of information on the movies, the music, and the sexy lass herself! The DVD features four separate shorter pieces – one a documentary on director Joe D'Amto, another a special interview with Emanuelle actress Laura Gemser (audio only), and two more interviews with composers of music for the films – Nico Fidenco and Giacomo Dell'Orso! Approximately an hour's worth of material, packaged in a digipack sleeve. (PAL format , region free DVD may not play in all players. Limited to 1000 numbered copies.)"

In stock at Dusty Groove.

Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
    In that case you'd better get rid of it to spare your peace of mind. I'll give you $30 paypal right now. Tomorrow I go out of town so let's do it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    Yeah, but the completist in me won't let me give it up...

Do you clone?

Never mind, Tom K. Talk about weird coincidences. I just found 1 copy of Media Blasters' Emanuelle's Daughter: Queen of Sados (1980) on ebay. Brand new. It's been out of print for years, with no copies available anywhere, even the amazon page has been deleted, and suddenly there it is. The seller gouged me $25 postpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    No Gemser, but Emanuelle's Revenge is also very good...
    Yes, this one (also known as EMANUELLE E FRANCOIS) is offbeat to say the least but surprisingly well done. Gets weird as hell when Eastman is hallucinating in that hidden room. Rosemarie Lindt is quite hot too. This one has a great soundtrack as well, from Gianni Marchetti.
    Wasn't EMANUELLE'S REVENGE called BLOOD VENGEANCE originally and then it became an Emanuelle film in the dubbing? Anyhow, it's directed by Joe D'Amato so it's bound to be a trip. You guys must have watched the X-rated Kult edition with various covers because I don't see any other release. How's the picture quality?

Another one I have a budget dvd of is EMANUELLE ON TABOO ISLAND, a retitling of A BEACH CALLED DESIRE. It's not completely awful but not one of the better cash-ins. I see a lot of lazy reviewers call this a ripoff of THE BLUE LAGOON, which it pre-dates by 4 years or so. Since it's set on a tropical island, Gemser does do a lot of nude scenes.
    EMMANUELLE ON TABOO ISLAND -- should I get the Digital Multi-Media Ltd edition or the allegedly unrated ProActive Entertainment edition? Reviewer say there's no nudity and bad quality but one can't tell which edition is being reviewed on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
    Wasn't EMANUELLE'S REVENGE called BLOOD VENGEANCE originally and then it became an Emanuelle film in the dubbing? Anyhow, it's directed by Joe D'Amato so it's bound to be a trip. You guys must have watched the X-rated Kult edition with various covers because I don't see any other release. How's the picture quality?

EMMANUELLE ON TABOO ISLAND -- should I get the Digital Multi-Media Ltd edition or the allegedly unrated ProActive Entertainment edition? Reviewer say there's no nudity and bad quality but one can't tell which edition is being reviewed on amazon.
    The X-Rated dvd of EMANUELLE'S REVENGE looks quite nice but is not anamorphic. It's a good psycho-sexual film though, very much worth seeing. I have the Digital Multi-Media disc of TABOO ISLAND, don't know anything about that other one. The DMM dvd looks pretty crappy.

Just ordered the Stormovie dvd editions of:

America
    Around the World
    Orient reportage
    Black Emanuelle

Which naturally means as soon as they arrive someone will announce blu-rays

Used to own the first Black Emanuelle and America. I have no idea why I sold them, but I did. Last Cannibals seriously got me back in the mood for more Gemser.

Did anyone here pick up the relatively recent hardbox release of Eva Nera from X-rated?
    Last edited by Lalala76; 01-14-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Yeah I have Eva Nera