Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruceploitation Face Kick!

Way Out Hep Cat Johnny Stickman's Avatar

Bruceploitation Face Kick!

Growing up, I had older cousins who were fans of Bruce Lee so as a kid I was well acquainted with every film he's been in. From the time he punched and kicked an ice factory that turned out to be a front for drugs, to the time he punched and kicked Chuck Norris at the Colosseum, to the time he punched and kicked a sign that informed him that dogs and Chinese had no place in a public park, to the time he punched and kicked a bunch of mirrors. Overall, I'd say I'm a fan. However, I also recall that he starred in dozens of titles instead of just four.

After years of reading amusing anecdotes, I finally sat through the Game of Death and... wow! Amazing film shot with an extra dash of poor taste. I'm aware of Bruceploitation, but I haven't gorged in it enough. I still need to see The Dragon Lives Again which seems to have gained mild legendary status. I have deep regard for the man, but I'm not above imitation Bruce. To quote an accurate line from Game of Death, "he didn't look exactly the same, but what the hell, he never looked exactly the same." Enter the Fat Dragon sounds excellent too.

As Bruce left us all too early without filming a more extensive filmography (both in numbers of movies and (I would have hoped) some truly groundbreaking work that crossed over many genres) I am a devotee of Imitation Bruce...The good, the bad, the ugly, the incompetent and the downright unfathomable!!!!

BRUCEPLOITATION RULES!!

The saddest thing about Game of Death is that if you see the footage in Warrior's Journey, you realize how @$%^#$%^ amazing a film it would've been. I'll take all of the Brucesploitation in the world above that mess.

Clones of Bruce Lee. See it now, thank me later.

You can get it in the Dragon 4 Pack along with Bruce's Fist of Vengeance, Bruce Lee's Deadly Kung Fu and Big Boss II - which aren't nearly as good as Clones Of Bruce Lee but which do all have their moments.

Name:  the-clones-of-bruce-lee-1981-o-1212-1.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  78.4 KB

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Way Out Hep Cat Johnny Stickman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    The saddest thing about Game of Death is that if you see the footage in Warrior's Journey, you realize how @$%^#$%^ amazing a film it would've been.
    Definitely!!! It totally would've been an excellent flick! It's weird how Game of Death is an officially sanctioned piece of Bruceploitation seeing as it's available in the set of 100% Bruce Lee product. As much as I dig Circle of Iron, I can only imagine how it would've turned out had Lee been alive to see his vision go through. I'd say it's a strange enough phenomena to warrant it's own documentary. Track down every Le and Li to add their story.

The Clones of Bruce Lee and Bruce Lee vs Gay Power are the one's I'd most recommend.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

For fans of Bruce's Fingers aka Bruce's Deadly Fingers, another German language blu ray besides the Platinum Cult Edition is coming out. This one is going to be a mediabook dual format edition. I believe the specs are the same (German & English dubbed, 2:35:1) & is uncut as well. It's up for pre-order at Amazon.de now.

"only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Quality misleading packaging with Bruce's name written large on top!!

Nothing but the best for BRUCESPLOITATION movies!!

Wonder what Bruce himself would have felt abiut these things. .flattered? Annoyed?

More Brucesploitation from Germany. FIST OF FURY 2 aka CHINESE CONNECTION 2 is available in a limited edition release from SchröderMedia's Asia Line Vol 1. Strictly limited to a 1000 copies. Looks like a nice remastered W/S print too with English/German audio options and the run time seems to indicate it is uncut (includes the nunchaku scene the BBFC cut out). Up for pre-order at Amazon.de now & this DVD can be shipped to the US.

"only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Thanks for highlighting these - Ill probably get both!

The same company looks also to be releasing TRAPPED on BD and DVD and also SILENT NIGHT, BLOODY NIGHT (German title:Blutnacht) on BD.