Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Official DEEP THROAT Thread

My copy arrived today. No the film is not unwatchable. The colors are vibrant. The issue with the film is that it looks like they upscaled the 720p master that Arrow made in 2005 to 1080p for this release causing edge lines to be jagged.

Ok I accept that you guys say the lines are jagged (something that I will have to rewatch and examine more closely), which would indicate an upscale. My point is that I didn't notice this on viewing, and this still a much more aesthetically pleasing presentation to my eyes. In the absence of this appearing anywhere else then I am really pleased to own this. By the way, This is supposed to be a new restoration.
    Last edited by Lalala76; 11-10-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Don't get me wrong, this is the best release of Deep Throat that I am aware of. The VCA DVD was incomplete. The Arrow DVD was taken from a film print. The High Def DVD was taken from the negative but is in non-anamorphic widescreen. Intimate's appears to be from the negative as well, I just suspect it is the same digital master as the High Def DVD.

You've just said something crucial there. I wasn't aware of a High def dvd. I thought maybe the high def dvd was the one that was cancelled from Wildside and hence never made it to retail. So, in this instance it probably is an upscale. All my comments were in relation to the older standard def dvd in which this Blu-ray is most definitely an upgrade. But I am glad you acknowledged that this is the best its ever looked. Like I said focus on the positives. I say its worth it (maybe overpriced but then again its the only uncut Blu-ray available)

Unless of course you are referring to Intimates High def dvd that comes with the blu. Even so, that's also an upgrade
    Last edited by Lalala76; 11-10-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Nope I am referring to the DVD released under the company name High Def DVD.
    Name:  DeepThroatHighDefRCover.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  63.9 KB

I never knew that dvd existed.

Anyway between you, you have put doubts in my head, I decided to revisit the Blu-ray and even though on occasion I can see what you are referring to I still think that you are being overly harsh. I've never seen this film looking so good. I think that's my last word on it (potentially)

That is okay. I'm an adult movie critic. I'm supposed to be picky over the video quality.

I will post my thoughts on this blu ray when I get it and view it. I have a 32 inch tv so I do not know how much of an issue jagged edges will be. I am glad to have it in the original aspect ratio and I hope it does look good

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Nope I am referring to the DVD released under the company name High Def DVD.
    Name:  DeepThroatHighDefRCover.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  63.9 KB
    That's the disc I have as well.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Fundi View Post
    The original music was used for the vac did the music was changed on the arrow dvd for the very first song that plays over the credits. Then when Linda walks in on dolly Sharp getting head the original song is bubbles but it was changed on the arrow dvd Nd another song was changed somewhere but I can't remember where without watching the movie.
    Didn't know. Thanks for the info!