Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official DEEP THROAT Thread

No worries. What is there for extras, anything?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    No worries. What is there for extras, anything?
    Just Xconfessions trailers, but trust me that looked great. Nice but graphic mediabook too. I think this is limited.

Where did you buy this hd version of deep throat on blu ray I need to buy this like now lol

OK, so I did a bit of clean up and merging to get a few Deep Throat threads and info from the 'what do you want to see on Blu-ray' thread into one more cohesive thread.

And with that done, some images courtesy of Lalala's Blu-ray that he wasn't able to upload due to file size (which is why I'm doing it for him):

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Fundi View Post
    Where did you buy this hd version of deep throat on blu ray I need to buy this like now lol
    dtm.at carry it along with other Austrian/German vendors

I ordered a copy of the blu ray/dvd mediabook from Amazon Germany. Although I am not the biggest fan of "Deep Throat", I do admit it has amusing parts in it and acknowledge its influence to the Golden Age. I don't think Vinegar Syndrome will be releasing it so I figure I might as well get it now. Personally, I will be more excited when VS releases other Gerard Damiano movies on blu ray like "Devil in Miss Jones", "The Story of Joanna", and/or "The Satisfiers of Alpha Blue".

Are they actually shipping it now? I cancelled my order with them and went with another store when they sent a notice it would ship in five to six weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh R. View Post
    I ordered a copy of the blu ray/dvd mediabook from Amazon Germany. Although I am not the biggest fan of "Deep Throat", I do admit it has amusing parts in it and acknowledge its influence to the Golden Age. I don't think Vinegar Syndrome will be releasing it so I figure I might as well get it now. Personally, I will be more excited when VS releases other Gerard Damiano movies on blu ray like "Devil in Miss Jones", "The Story of Joanna", and/or "The Satisfiers of Alpha Blue".
    You won't see DEVIL IN MISS JONES either. Neither DEEP THROAT or DEVIL have a valid copyright; they weren't copyrighted until 1975 but they use the argument that they only played in theaters they owned so didn't need to be copyrighted. This is a valid for copyright but is a stretch to say only they owned the theaters. One interesting aspect about this argument is that the Federal government always believed that all theaters were connected to the mob. So in theory, they could have the government testify for them. Anyway, VCX or Arrow will sue if any company tried to release them and would go on for years, and there's a chance they could lose if the court buys into the reason that the theaters were controlled by one entity. No company would think it's worthwhile to pursue the lawsuit. So, unless VCX does the blu-ray themselves (very doubtful), it will never happen. DEBBIE DOES DALLAS falls into this also except for the dates.
    Last edited by Thomas Wood; 11-05-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wood View Post
    You won't see DEVIL IN MISS JONES either. Neither DEEP THROAT or DEVIL have a valid copyright; they weren't copyrighted until 1975 but they use the argument that they only played in theaters they owned so didn't need to be copyrighted. This is a valid for copyright but is a stretch to say only they owned the theaters. One interesting aspect about this argument is that the Federal government always believed that all theaters were connected to the mob. So in theory, they could have the government testify for them. Anyway, VCX or Arrow will sue if any company tried to release them and would go on for years, and there's a chance they could lose if the court buys into the reason that the theaters were controlled by one entity. No company would think it's worthwhile to pursue the lawsuit. So, unless VCX does the blu-ray themselves (very doubtful), it will never happen. DEBBIE DOES DALLAS falls into this also except for the dates.
    For some reason, I thought VS had jumped the legal hurdle with regards to "Devil in Miss Jones"...guess not. Thanks for the information. I did know that "Debbie Does Dallas" was in a copyright labyrinth. I doubt we will see that on blu ray.

David Sutton has talked about possibly releasing an HD download version of Debbie Does Dallas but isn't going to release a Blu-ray.