Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official DEEP THROAT Thread

I would just as soon have hd download or 2k or 4k downloads of these classics. They would be cheaper than these blu ray and they would be better quality.

Well there I go talking about downloads and I ordered the blu ray of deep throat from Europe lol. I hope it's good quality but it'll never get a united states release and even if it does I will already have it. Anyone know if it's region B? Or region free? Does it have the original soundtrack? The arrow dvd had replaced 2 songs I think which always annoyed me. Anyone know if the company that released Deep Throat on Dvd and blu ray uncut will be or has already released any other classics? I hope they do behind the green door
    Last edited by Fundi; 11-06-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fundi View Post
    Anyone know if it's region B? Or region free?
    I would really like to know if it is region free too. At www.laserdisken.dk it says it is region B but I hope they are mistaken.

Does it have the original soundtrack? The arrow dvd had replaced 2 songs I think which always annoyed me.
    I didn't realize the soundtrack had been altered for the Arrow release! Do you know at what point in the movie it has been changed? Was the original soundtrack with all the correct music used for the VCA release?

I thought everyone had a region free player these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A View Post
    I would really like to know if it is region free too. At www.laserdisken.dk it says it is region B but I hope they are mistaken.

I didn't realize the soundtrack had been altered for the Arrow release! Do you know at what point in the movie it has been changed? Was the original soundtrack with all the correct music used for the VCA release?
    The original music was used for the vac did the music was changed on the arrow dvd for the very first song that plays over the credits. Then when Linda walks in on dolly Sharp getting head the original song is bubbles but it was changed on the arrow dvd Nd another song was changed somewhere but I can't remember where without watching the movie.

There is no info on the region coding on the mediabook. However if I get chance I will try switching my player to region A to see if it works.

By the way, if anyone does decide to buy this (and I strongly suggest you do) then don't panic if you choose the English option from the main menu only for it to still play out in German, you can change the language settings to English whilst in play. It must be a flaw.

Also those screencaps I posted are from the dvd not the Blu-ray using vlc media player so not truly representative of the PQ.

Are you using an lg blu ray player that makes you have to select the audio from during the movie? I had an lg and it was very quirky but I got a Sony and stopped having those problems. I have to pick up a new blu ray player and am not sure what the best ones are these days. Anyone know what is the best region free blu ray player out right now? I had thought of getting a region free 4k player but they are still a bit too much for me. Maybe in a year or 2.

Free, or at least A/B as it plays fine on my dedicated region A player as well as my usual B player.

However, this looks like an upscale to me, check out the jagged opening credits. Also have to change the audio to English during playback. Sure, it's the best I've seen it looking, but not a good release in my opinion.
    Last edited by agent999; 11-09-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    looks like an upscale to me
    or maybe not...

Compared to the DVD it has more detail and possibly some grain (or could that be scanner noise? wouldn't be surprised if this was done in Italy), but there's something seriously up on the Blu Ray as it looks like Lego. I would hold off until screen caps are available. Tried this in three different players and two TVs so it's not my equipment. Might look okay on a very small display.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Well shot my copy already shipped a few days ago but considering I don't have a copy.of the film at all this will be the best ever released probably as I doubt arrow will ever do a release. I will post my thoughts when I get my copy in the mail and my new region free player in the mail too. I'm probably going to get Panasonic or sony