Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Releasing Argento's Opera on Blu-ray?

Another review...I see a few shots that are off center.
    http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film6/blu-r...ra_blu-ray.htm

Look at the first cap, or the peephole cap. The center has been shifted to the right by the extra info on the left side.
    Unfortunate, the transfer looks very nice.

There's also a little bit more info exposed at the bottom, too. It's a disaster!!! People will have to put electrical tape on the tv screen to block out the new imagery & get things centered when they pause those scenes like in the screenshots. I know that's what I'm going to do.

In the old days I had black cardboard mattes I would put on my CRT screen to letterbox open transfers.
    If I can find where I stashed them I could use one on the left side of the screen for a viewing.

Weird how the LE comes out afterwards too....still such a huge bump up from the Koch disc.

Im guessing these comments are a joke?

well again, it was not my intention to release the deluxe after, but due to circumstances I would rather not post in public things went sour

What comments are exactly joke Walt? If it's not misframed please go ahead and explain us and don't tell to get the green looking German release and enjoy it. Also I have read there is an issue with the audio, some kind of an echo/reverb problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Raf A. View Post
    What comments are exactly joke Walt? If it's not misframed please go ahead and explain us and don't tell to get the green looking German release and enjoy it. Also I have read there is an issue with the audio, some kind of an echo/reverb problem.
    can you tell me where the echo effect is so i can seek it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    can you tell me where the echo effect is so i can seek it out?
    I don't have the disc, haven't ordered it. Read about it on blu-ray forums, either on Opera's or Scorpion's thread.

My comment was definitely a joke. I'm looking forward to seeing Opera again. I remember liking it quite a bit even the corny metal soundtrack.

Seems like there are a lot of films with 'echo/reverb' efx that sound 'odd'. There's even a part of Suspiria with that going on. Unless, this issue is different than what I'm thinking of...?

Quote Originally Posted by Raf A. View Post
    I don't have the disc, haven't ordered it. Read about it on blu-ray forums, either on Opera's or Scorpion's thread.
    Since no-one has the Opera disc yet, i think those comments would be referring to Scorpion's blu ray of HUMONGOUS. That has some sound issues although its not as bad as its made out to be by some of the spoiled kids on those forums and i still think its a good release.

Very interesting news - https://web.facebook.com/shameless.f...77231769292459

Hope it's a decent release, I am really looking forward to buying this.