Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Releasing Argento's Opera on Blu-ray?

To mail one cassette/dvd/BD/cd airmail is $13.50. That's up to 8 ounces. Go over that & the price jumps to $22.50. There's no in between. After $22.50, it jumps to $32.50. I've been mailing packages of 8 cd's to Norway/UK/Sweden for $22.50 but if I put just a tiny bit more protection inside, it goes to $32. The USPS just sucks. They use to be more affordable that other countries but not anymore.

Check out those mail services. They'll hold all you mail that is sent to a US addr. then when you're ready, box it all up & ship it over. The prices for being heavy is more reasonable than the prices for light-weight packages. One cd should not be $13.50!

Ridiculous that you wouldn't buy a highly anticipated title because the shipping costs too much. If you really wanted it, you could easily put aside a little cash to cover the extra shipping. It's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    also screen archives is not a problem when paying by paypal as youre automatically protected despite not selecting their insane insurance option.
    That's a great tip! I never even considered that...

Quote Originally Posted by Raf A. View Post
    So the limited releases won't be easy to buy, I know people would say they would be available from Ronin and Diabolik ...
    I think part of the reasoning behind this move was to make these widely and easily accessible. I think these will be at Amazon ect....

I just bought a pile of magazines from Spain recently...OMG you think the postage is bad on discs!

I'd wait if arrow is working on a release! they said they have more argento and opera has no blu-ray release in UK yet + we already know by now, if there is a (new) transfer the italians will sell it to every country. just look at suspiria or django (the one that started it all) after they sold it to blue underground they managed to sell the same awful piece-of-shit transfer to a million other countries.

I'm assuming this is the standard edition - release date 1/23/17.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Specs for the standard release:

Doppelgänger Releasing and Scorpion Releasing
    DVD RELEASE DATE: January 23, 2018
    Price: DVD $24.95
    Director: Dario Argento
    Cast: Cristina Marsillach, Ian Charleson, Urbano Barberini, Daria Nicolodi, Coralina Cataldi-Tassoni, Antonella Vitale, William McNamara, Barbara Cupisti.
    Running Time: 107 min
    Format: 1080p HD Widescreen 2.35:1
    Sound Format: 5.1 and Mono
    Rating: NR
    Language: English Language Track
    Bonus Features:
    - Brand new 2016 2k scan with over 45 hours of extensive color correction
    - Rare interview with director Dario Argento never-before released to U.S. audiences
    - Brand new interview with star William McNamara
    - Brand new 5.1 soundtrack
    - Original Trailer
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

After owning the Japanese BD and then the much superior Koch media release, I think I have my fill of Opera for the near future, regardless if this (Scorpion) no doubt being the best version to get (for now).

I haven't seen Opera in a really long time but I remember liking it quite a bit. I love the keyhole scene & all of the campy metal. Sure hope it holds up for me.