Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Who Is Releasing Argento's Opera on Blu-ray?

From La Chat Qui Fume's YouTube channel...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Also, this!

Name:  81KntDBLaEL._SL1500_.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  80.4 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  32.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=22358

Music Box Films has entered a distribution deal with specialty label Scorpion Releasing to distribute select Scorpion titles on Blu-ray and DVD. The first titles will be three classic horror films presented by legendary Italian filmmaker Dario Argento: Opera (1987), The Church (1989) and The Sect (1991).

The deal was negotiated by Lisa Holmes, Director of Sales for Music Box Films Home Entertainment, and Walter Olsen of Scorpion Releasing.

"We are excited to work with Scorpion Releasing on bringing these special collector's editions to Dario fans across the U.S. and are looking forward to announcing more projects in the coming months" said Holmes.

The first title on the schedule is Opera (1987), which is slated to be released before the end of 2017. The Church (1989) and The Sect (1991) will be released during the first quarter of 2018, with additional titles to be announced at a later date.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Cold Heaven (Nicolas Roeg, 1991)

So Scoprion is handling the production and Music Box the distribution then? That sounds like it could be a very good thing indeed. I have faith Walt will do these right.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I truly appreciate Scorpion releasing this movies but I am so against this limited and standard editions bullshit. So the limited releases won't be easy to buy, I know people would say they would be available from Ronin and Diabolik but Ronin won't ship outside the US and Diabolik's shipping costs are a joke. Personally I'll wait for a more competent label like Arrow to release Opera. There is a high demand for Argento movies and everybody should be able to buy the best possible release not the stripeed down standard versions. Thumbs down Scorpion, thought you were better than Code Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Raf A. View Post
    I truly appreciate Scorpion releasing this movies but I am so against this limited and standard editions bullshit. So the limited releases won't be easy to buy, I know people would say they would be available from Ronin and Diabolik but Ronin won't ship outside the US and Diabolik's shipping costs are a joke. Personally I'll wait for a more competent label like Arrow to release Opera. There is a high demand for Argento movies and everybody should be able to buy the best possible release not the stripeed down standard versions. Thumbs down Scorpion, thought you were better than Code Red.
    how about SAE, or did you have issues with them too?

I honestly dont think Diabolik is trying to rip people off with shipping, as they state its what they are charged by the usps, as International shipping went up.

I couldnt get out of a previous deal Ronin, so this was the compromise. I am sorry you feel this way, but please give SAE or Diabolik another chance, they seems like good people who are not trying to rip anyone off, as they are at the mercy of the U.S post systems rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    how about SAE, or did you have issues with them too?

I honestly dont think Diabolik is trying to rip people off with shipping, as they state its what they are charged by the usps, as International shipping went up.

I couldnt get out of a previous deal Ronin, so this was the compromise. I am sorry you feel this way, but please give SAE or Diabolik another chance, they seems like good people who are not trying to rip anyone off, as they are at the mercy of the U.S post systems rates.
    Thanks for replying. SAE charge a lot of to insure packages for international customers, no insurance, no international shipping. It was like that a couple of months ago. No idea if they have changed their stupid rule. I never said Diabolik is ripping people off but somehow I manage to get very affordable shipping costs from Amazon, Deep Discount, Blowitoutahere, etc. In no way I am trying to teach you or your brother how to run your businesses but ACCORDING TO BILL the sales of his Italian releases are bad. So let's see why. I am an international customer who wants to order 2 blu-rays, Delirium and Hands of Steel. First thing I'll do I'll check Amazon and surprise, I don't find them there. Then I'll browse the net and will find Diabolik. To my joy they have those titles in stock. I'll add those 2 BDs to my cart and this is what I'll see:

Delirium and Hands of Steel will cost me $73.12.

It's expensive and before ordering them I'll do more research and will find out that a UK label called 88 Films have released the same movies. I'll check Amazon UK and will find those movies there. I'll add the BDs to my shopping cart and will see that the total cost will be $33.48.

Now tell me please why should I pay $73.12 to Diabolok when I can get the same movies for $34? Another thing, a lot of people do not know about SAE and Diabolik. They check the major retailers and don't see Code Red releases as well as Scorpion releases. Then they check ebay and see the horrible prices and say to themselves, fuck it, I won't buy that disc for that price. Your brother says the sales of Zeder are awful. Why the sales would be good if it's a pain in the ass to buy Code Red releases? Also look at the release itself, it has dubtitles instead of properly translated subtitles (same goes for your release of Spasmo, I had to buy the 88 Films blu after I had bought your release and found out it has dubtitles), the picture quality is bad, I like that movie but I didn't buy it because know eventually a better disc will be available and I was right. X-Rated will be releasing it in a couple of months in Germany. It'll have a new 2K transfer, proper subtitles and I'll be able to order it without any hassle. I understand that releasing this movies is what brings you money and you don't give a fuck if some foreign customers can't get them but for fuck's sake stop complaining about the sales. X-Rated Kult and 88 Films for example manage to sell thousands of copies because they know how to sell. X-Rated Kult's Giallo a Venezia sold out instantly. Only 1500 copies were pressed and the title is sold out. I'm one of those 1500 people who bought it. Now do you honestly believe Bill will be able to sell 1500 units? I don't. Just like in the case of Zeder I'll wait for another label to release Opera. And I'm sure it'll happen.
    Last edited by Raf A.; 11-05-2017 at 10:31 AM.

I dont have a problem using Diabolik, you just have to wait until you have enough to order to save on shipping. It becomes more reasonable when youre ordering 5 or 6 items.

also screen archives is not a problem when paying by paypal as youre automatically protected despite not selecting their insane insurance option.

when ordering internationally, the onus is really on the buyer to order smart in order to reduce their shipping costs.

Amazon and other big retailers take losses on shipping all the time. Diabolik charges real shipping costs. I recently sent some very lightweight clothes to Belgium for someone. Shipping cost? $25! It probably weighed as much as two blu-rays too. It’s crazy, but that’s life in the US and our post office. I understand trying to find the cheapest shipping, though. When we collectors with limited funds have to find ways to save money, we do what we can.