Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Halloween: what are you watching?

It's Halloween: what are you watching?

Just curious: what's everyone else's Halloween viewing this year?

I'm going to watch the BFI's new release of the Play for Today 'Robin Redbreast' and I might also, if I have the time, watch one or two episodes from their new Dead of Night set (probably 'A Woman Sobbing' first, then 'Exorcism', as I absolutely love those two stories).
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

I watched 'Exorcism' from the DEAD OF NIGHT set last night. Tonight is 'Robin Redbreast' and the BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW bd which I've been saving up.

Halloween 3 and City of the Living Dead.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Last night I watched GHOSTWATCH (which did that rare thing - gave me one hell of a case of the creeps), haven't fully decided on tonight's menu. Could be the new HALLOWEEN BD and a couple episodes from the M.R. James collection. I have had a hankering for a revisit with ZOMBIE too, been a while. We shall see....
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Most people who watched GHOSTWATCH on its original transmission thought it was real. It looks a bit dated now, but at the time I shat myself, as I spent the whole duration believing it was actually live and really happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    Most people who watched GHOSTWATCH on its original transmission thought it was real. It looks a bit dated now, but at the time I shat myself, as I spent the whole duration believing it was actually live and really happening.
    I can believe people thought it was real. It had that distinct feel to it. If I had seen this on its original broadcast I'm sure I would have too. A very small thing, but I wish they had left off the stuff that happens back at the studio and the wind blowing 'round and all and just stick to the inside of the house itself. Like I said though, very minor gripe. Still a truly goosebump-inducing show. It didn't help at all that my house is old and creaks like hell at night and I was alone, haha. By the way, that bit with the figure at the window on the videotape (in the girls' bedroom)....brrrrr!
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

By the way, that bit with the figure at the window on the videotape (in the girls' bedroom)....brrrrr!
    Exactly. You have also got to remember that a lot of people didn't record this due to not having video recorders etc, so what you thought you saw stayed in your mind for years. Did you or did you not really see that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    As did I... at least until the stuff started going off in the studio, then I realised what was happening. The Radio Time apparently made it clear that it was a drama, but as we never got the Radio Times, that fact completely passed me by

Glad you enjoyed this, Andrew. I thought it would be right up your street. It's still quite effective today, I think. It was the brief shots of Pipes (by the window, under the stairs) that terrified me the most back when it was originally broadcast.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

GHOSTWATCH was awesome, would've been great to have not known that it was staged at the time. Probably would've shat myself...even knowing that, it had some creepy moments.

I've been told that we're going over to a friend's place for dinner tonight, goddammit...which means that i probably won't get to watch anything.

I have been saving this one for my Halloween viewing pleasure!!

YES..Kim Henkel is back with EVEN MORE PLAGIARIZING of TEXAS CHAINSAW!!!

Hope its as "GOOD" as the sequel he did!!!