Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Synapse Films Releasing Argento's Suspiria

Ordered the German blu. I know it's expensive but unlike Synapse the Germans very well deserve the money they ask for it.

For what it's worth, I saw a screening of a print in the last year and the caps Synapse provided look closer to what I saw; print was a little beat up in places but colors still strong and vibrant.

Some details here on the Synapse release by way of a podcast that Don May Jr. was just on.

http://www.blumhouse.com/2017/05/19/...ation-blu-ray/

“We are working with Luciano Tovoli, the cinematographer, which is the ultimate reference for SUSPIRIA,” May revealed exclusively on Shock Waves. “He’s been working with us every step of the way, and we’re going to get his ultimate sign off. There are other companies that are touting restorations and doing their own thing, but if you don’t ask the guy who created the imagery, what’s the point?”
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Not sure if my wallet will be able to handle the pricetag, but this is one movie I'm really thankful Synapse go the extra mile with. Don't release it until it's as perfect as it can be.
    Looking for Orozco the Embalmer (Camera Obscura) and the Swedish theatrical poster of Breaking Point (Vibenius/"Ron Silberman Jr.", 1975).

If you scroll half way down the page on this thread here...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....30401&page=198

...there are some thoughts from someone who saw the Synapse restoration projected last night.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I caught the restoration last night outside of Chicago and the soundtrack is the star of the show. The mix is pretty amazing and the panning in the four track mix is astounding. Yes, it looks great too, but the sound is the reason to see it. It was LOUD too -- Don was there and said he told them to turn it up as loud as it could go. My ears rang afterwards and even a little when I woke up overnight too.
    Last edited by bgart13; 08-05-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
    I caught the restoration last night outside of Chicago and the soundtrack is the star of the show. The mix is pretty amazing and the best panning in the four track mix is astounding. Yes, it looks great too, but the sound is the reason to see it. It was LOUD too -- Don was there and said he told them to turn it up as loud as it could go. My ears rang afterwards and even a little when I woke up overnight too.

So, million dollar question time, was it louder than the Anchor Bay release? The easiest way to tell is to compare the opening double murder: in the Anchor Bay release the Goblin is barely audible.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

It was fucking loud throughout the entire movie.