Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Synapse Films Releasing Argento's Suspiria

Looking at this screenshot comparison, but I much prefer the colours on the 84 version (which I own but forced subs )

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comp...0031/picture:3

From Don May Jr's Instagram feed:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  62.9 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Looks like the Italian Blu-ray release has Eng. audio on it.

Name:  C4xWCe9WMAA93f7.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  74.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Interesting. Thanks, Ian. The pre-release material suggested it would be Italian language only.

I may 'bite', order it from Italy and see what happens.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    Interesting. Thanks, Ian. The pre-release material suggested it would be Italian language only.

I may 'bite', order it from Italy and see what happens.
    I'm going to wait until after Arrow's announcements tomorrow (as one never knows) but I reckon I'm going to order this too. As much as everyone keeps harping (pardon the pun) about how the Synapse release will be the holy grail, it also will break the bank with regards to importing it from the US, at least based on their Phenomena release.

To my eyes the new 4K Italian restoration looks superb and no blown out contrast (reds are vibrant etc). Not sure how much dnr was applied but looks great on Blu-ray. The Italian BD is at least an alternative to the Synapse release when that finally arrives and/or Arrow.

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    So the Italian release has Italian audio and English subs, correct? Damn, I may have to order it. The Synapse will be expensive as hell, and I'd much rather have it now than in five years. Are there any screenshots for the IT blu anywhere?
    Looking for Orozco the Embalmer (Camera Obscura) and the Swedish theatrical poster of Breaking Point (Vibenius/"Ron Silberman Jr.", 1975).

Quote Originally Posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
    So the Italian release has Italian audio and English subs, correct? Damn, I may have to order it. The Synapse will be expensive as hell, and I'd much rather have it now than in five years. Are there any screenshots for the IT blu anywhere?
    English audio

There is a guy that posts at the Blu-ray forum that seeminly knows Don May, Jr and according to his recent post SUSPIRIA will be released this year
    He's going to be heading to Los Angeles in the coming weeks to finish up visual work on SUSPIRIA and work on some other projects. After eight months of manual clean up work, the restored image files were delivered recently from the facility in Poland that Synapse hired to do the work after "auditioning" a few different restoration facilities. The Synapse SUSPIRIA will be finished and released this year for the 40th Anniversary.

Info on the upcoming '84 Films release from Germany via FB translation.

Name:  suspiria.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  94.5 KB

Suspiria - 40th Anniversary Leatherbook Edition

' 84 wishes you a happy birthday! Happy Birthday! Buon compleanno!

In May 1977 Suspiria in Germany celebrated its cinematic premiere. Just in time for his 40. th birthday we celebrate Dario Arge Ntos Masterpiece, the first time in the authorized 4 k restoration of original kameranegativ.

This restoration was founded in 2016 by tlefilms film restoration & preservation services, Germany, on behalf of videa spa., the worldwide rights holders. Substantial financial support of eighty four entertainment, Germany.

Finally shines in new splendour suspiria, with many new tools, as well as improved sound tracks. The missing passages with gecasteten speakers were synchronized to the movie in the uncut version in German.

Suspiria (Suspiria, directed by Dario Argento, 1977-Germany, Italy)

A young girl from America to freiburg, communication in a ballet as a dancer to be trained. But a lot in this boarding school is more than strange: the two leaders are liable meg eras, an obviously deranged servant, the blind pianist - over and over again these strange noises, grunting and groaning that comes out of the walls seems to come. One morning, I have two girl murdered in her blood...

Dario Argento, the master of the Italian horror movies with suspiria, has one of the most prominent and most impressive horror shocker ever created. A true masterpiece!

Leather Book Limited to 1111 pieces
    (leather book made from real wood with wood drawer, red leather, deep and silver coinage, CA. 23 x18x5cm)
    Article No.: 8606 lb
    Ean: 4260207723683

BD / DVD: ' 84

All the data and tools at a glance:

1. Disc Blu-ray:

Picture: 2.35:1 Techno Vision (1080 P / 23.976 p)
    Length: 101 minutes (Uncut)

Sound Formats:
    New: German Original Kinofassung (with integral, newly created synchronization with the then cut digits) MONO DTS-HD MA 2.0-Create 2016
    German Original Kinofassung (with English segments are cut at the time) MONO DTS-HD MA 2.0-restored 2013/14
    English original com Opt / Yellowish-version mono dts-HD MA 2.0-restored 2013/14
    New: English Original Comag / Magneton-Multichannel Version Stereo Surround Dts-HD MA 2.0-restored 2016 from the original mix
    Italian *** DTS-HD MA 5.1 multichannel sound version

Extras (approx 270 minutes):
    New: Suspiria: Preserving a work of art (restoration documentation - comparison between the raw scan, Technicolor Color Restoration Phase and the final restoration / Preservation Master; with accompanying commentary by Torsten Kaiser (Tlefilms Frps) - German / English, CA. 56 minutes)
    New: Interview with Dario Argento
    Audio Commentary with Dr. Marcus Stig tasty and kai naumann
    Re-Release Trailer

Subtitles: German (*** Italian tone with fixed subtitles)

2. Disc DVD:

Picture: 2.35:1 (16:9)
    Length: 97 minutes (Uncut)

Sound Formats:
    New: German Original Kinofassung (with integral, newly created synchronization with the then cut digits) Mono Dolby Digital 2.0-Create 2016
    German Original Kinofassung (with English segments are cut at the time) Mono Dolby Digital 2.0-restored 2013/14
    English original com Opt / Yellowish-Version Mono Dolby Digital 2.0-restored 2013/14
    New: English Original Comag / Magneton-Multichannel Version Stereo Surround Sound Dolby Digital 2.0-restored 2016 from the original mix
    Italian *** Dolby Digital 5.1 multichannel sound version

Extras (approx 270 minutes):
    New: Suspiria: Preserving a work of art (restoration documentation - comparison between the raw scan, Technicolor Color Restoration Phase and the final restoration / Preservation Master; with accompanying commentary by Torsten Kaiser (Tlefilms Frps) - German / English, CA. 56 minutes)
    New: Interview with Dario Argento
    Audio Commentary with Dr. Marcus Stig tasty and kai naumann
    Re-Release Trailer

Subtitles: German (*** Italian tone with fixed subtitles)

3. Bonus DVD:

Featurette: Suspiria revisited - a cine phile discussion with Christian Fuchs, Sabrina Mikolajweski, Sebastian Selig and Prof. Dr. Marcus Stig tasty
    Turned in the cinema of the German film and Television Academy Berlin, camera and light: Sadi Kan Turk, amin sabet

Content of the leather book:
    Digipack with slipcase and 3-Disc Edition (1 x Blu-Ray & 2 x DVD)
    84-page booklet with lyrics by Sabrina Mikolajew Ski, leonhard Elias Lemke, Marcus Stig Tasty & Sebastian Selig, kai naumann
    Supplement: Suspiria: Preserving a work of art - with accompanying texts for the restoration of Torsten Kaiser (Tlefilms Frps) and exclusive, very rare materials from all over the world
    by numbered certificate
    1 Wendeposter
    3 Postcards
    1 surprise
    DVD version
    Bonus DVD
    Rock! Shock! Pop!