Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bettie Page Reveals All

Bettie Page Reveals All

Looks like this documentary about the late great pin-up queen is getting a theatrical run.

More info at the official website: http://www.bettiepagemovie.com/

Name:  BYhPXegCYAAB3rr.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  63.3 KB

Trailer!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Cool (and NSFW) article here about how the movie is going to contain some never before seen 'illegal' photos of Bettie in the buff.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm not a huge fan of hers, but I'd love to see the documentary!

Quote Originally Posted by Jobla View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of hers, but I'd love to see the documentary!
    Me too....

Not a fan of her by any means (never saw what all the fuss was about her) ...but like JOBLA said, I love a good documentry!

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post
    Not a fan of her by any means (never saw what all the fuss was about her) ...
    To each their own of course, but.... maybe it's that mix of girl next door good looks and kinky outfits and situations? I dunno. It works though, for me at least.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Pretty good article about the movie up on the NPR site of all places this morning.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Press release!

Music Box Films Home Entertainment has announced and detailed the Blu-ray release of Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Mark Mori's Bettie Page Reveals All, the first authorized documentary on the legendary 1950s pinup sensation. The film arrives on Blu-ray on April 22nd.

Official Synopsis: In the alluring Bettie Page Reveals All, which is filled with iconic and rare photographs and film loops, including unseen images from private collections, the real Bettie Page emerges from 40 years of enigmatic seclusion to tell her story in her own words via audio interviews taped a decade prior to her death in 2008. With earthy, razor sharp wit and a lively Tennessee twang, Bettie recounts her life; from humble beginnings as one of six children in an impoverished Southern family, to high school salutatorian, to scandalous '50s pin-up model, to a short-lived first marriage and series of torrid affairs, up to her shocking retirement in 1957 at the peak of her modeling career.

Along with looking at her previously unknown personal life, Bettie Page Reveals All examines how Bettie's unabashed sexual expression and provocative fetish poses set the stage for the 1960s sexual revolution and ushered in a modern era in fashion and pop culture. As a woman in an era when women were nearly considered second-class citizens, Bettie Page was continually knocked down throughout her life. But by her determination, ambition and strength of character, she always picked herself back up and ultimately became regarded as the world's greatest pinup model and an international sex icon.

Adding insight into the phenomenon of Bettie Page are a number of commentators including iconic sex goddesses of yester-year Tempest Storm, Bunny Yeager and Mamie van Doren, modern-day supermodels Naomi Campbell and Rebecca Romijn, cultural pundit Perez Hilton, and Playboy publisher Hugh Hefner.

Special features include:

Restored Irving Klaw Wiggle Movies starring Bettie
    The Early Years of Bettie Page
    Deleted Scenes & Bonus Footage
    Phone call with Bettie and Paula Klaw
    Bettie's funeral video
    Photo gallery of never-before-seen Bettie pics

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  44.2 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Great news!

I've edited vintage burlesque compilation videos a few times and have a much greater appreciation for Betty after having done so. There were definitely better stage performers at the time but Betty was the only one who danced for the camera. The others either seem introspective in front of a camera or else are playing to an imaginary audience. Betty on the other hand is almost always staring down the barrel. She got into some pretty kinky stuff too.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Name:  13133247_1557868247846594_7961224722072931673_n.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  56.5 KB