Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow Releasing The Films Of Walerian Borowczyk On Blu-ray

My head knows I need to get this boxset but my wallet says other things.

Same here. I really cannot afford it but I've been wanting to dig into Borowczyk's early animated work forever. Even if that stuff gets released seperately I'd miss out on the printed supplements which seem essential.

I pre-oredered it from Zavi, thanks for the link. If it's already sold 60% then I better get mine. Although I do see them making more regular releases because of the popularity of the set.

The Motion Demon by Daniel Bird, the first entry of Electric Sheep's Boro theme.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Spider (David Cronenberg, 2002)

Single disc issue of The Beast was announced...

Name:  BEAST_2D_BDcomp-500x500.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  33.5 KB

Release Date: 28 July 2014
    Format: Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
    Starring: Sirpa Lane, Lisbeth Hummel, Elisabeth Kaza
    Directed by: Walerian Borowczyk

Originally turned down flat by the British Board of Film Censors and initially released exclusively in London in a version heavily cut by its nervous distributor, The Beast is Walerian Borowczyk’s most notorious film, although it’s much wittier and more playful than its subject matter might suggest.

Lucy Broadhurst (Lisbeth Hummel) is due to inherit a substantial fortune, but on condition that she marries the son of her late father’s best friend. But Mathurin de l’Espérance (Pierre Benedetti) seems more interested in his horses than in his bride-to-be, and when Lucy finds out about the story of his 18th-century ancestor Romilda (Sirpa Lane) and brings her to life in one of the most outrageous dream sequences in cinema history, we begin to realise just how bizarre Mathurin’s bloodline truly is.

Receiving its Blu-ray world premiere, this new high-definition restoration by Argos Films is supported by the original short-film version of The Beast, and Venus on the Half-Shell (1975), Borowczyk’s portrait of the painter Bona Tibertelli de Pisis and her erotic fusions of men, women and molluscs.

Special Edition Contents:

New high definition digital transfers of the feature and the shorts
    Uncompressed Mono 2.0 PCM Audio
    Optional English subtitles
    Introduction by film critic Peter Bradshaw
    The True Story of the Beast of Gévaudan (1972), the original short-film version of The Beast
    Venus on the Half-Shell (1975)
    The Making of ‘The Beast’: camera operator Noël Véry provides a commentary on footage shot during the film’s production
    Frenzy of Ecstasy, a new visual essay on the evolution of Borowczyk’s beast and the sequel that never was, Motherhood
    Theatrical trailer
    Reversible sleeve featuring original poster design
    Booklet featuring new writing on the film by Daniel Bird and archive pieces by David Thompson and Craig Lapper, illustrated with original stills

Region: B
    Rating: TBC
    Cat No: FCD982
    Duration:TBC
    Language: TBC
    Subtitles: English
    Aspect Ratio: TBC
    Audio: TBC
    Colour: Colour
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Single disc issue of The Beast was announced...

Name:  BEAST_2D_BDcomp-500x500.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  33.5 KB

Release Date: 28 July 2014
    Format: Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
    Starring: Sirpa Lane, Lisbeth Hummel, Elisabeth Kaza
    Directed by: Walerian Borowczyk

Originally turned down flat by the British Board of Film Censors and initially released exclusively in London in a version heavily cut by its nervous distributor, The Beast is Walerian Borowczyk’s most notorious film, although it’s much wittier and more playful than its subject matter might suggest.

Lucy Broadhurst (Lisbeth Hummel) is due to inherit a substantial fortune, but on condition that she marries the son of her late father’s best friend. But Mathurin de l’Espérance (Pierre Benedetti) seems more interested in his horses than in his bride-to-be, and when Lucy finds out about the story of his 18th-century ancestor Romilda (Sirpa Lane) and brings her to life in one of the most outrageous dream sequences in cinema history, we begin to realise just how bizarre Mathurin’s bloodline truly is.

Receiving its Blu-ray world premiere, this new high-definition restoration by Argos Films is supported by the original short-film version of The Beast, and Venus on the Half-Shell (1975), Borowczyk’s portrait of the painter Bona Tibertelli de Pisis and her erotic fusions of men, women and molluscs.

Special Edition Contents:

New high definition digital transfers of the feature and the shorts
    Uncompressed Mono 2.0 PCM Audio
    Optional English subtitles
    Introduction by film critic Peter Bradshaw
    The True Story of the Beast of Gévaudan (1972), the original short-film version of The Beast
    Venus on the Half-Shell (1975)
    The Making of ‘The Beast’: camera operator Noël Véry provides a commentary on footage shot during the film’s production
    Frenzy of Ecstasy, a new visual essay on the evolution of Borowczyk’s beast and the sequel that never was, Motherhood
    Theatrical trailer
    Reversible sleeve featuring original poster design
    Booklet featuring new writing on the film by Daniel Bird and archive pieces by David Thompson and Craig Lapper, illustrated with original stills

Region: B
    Rating: TBC
    Cat No: FCD982
    Duration:TBC
    Language: TBC
    Subtitles: English
    Aspect Ratio: TBC
    Audio: TBC
    Colour: Colour
    May go for this rather than the boxset, but it's actually Immoral tales I want more than this.

As much as I like Borowczyk, I'm probably going to get THE BEAST on Blu and not get the box set: it's too expensive for me in a month where there are so many other releases I've got preordered (especially the Robbe-Grillet and Herzog sets).
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard