Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMC Bringing Ennis & Dillon's Preacher To US TV?

AMC Bringing Ennis & Dillon's Preacher To US TV?

So it would seem.

There's a pilot in the works. This could be interesting, but I'd go in with low expectations.

Might be a good time to pick up those early back issues and hold onto them, you know, just in case it goes all fucking nutty in the back issue market like AMC's Walking Dead series made the Image comics do.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    you know, just in case it goes all fucking nutty in the back issue market like AMC's Walking Dead series made the Image comics do.
    Grammar slammer.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I wonder how much will be cut for this to air on AMC?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    So it would seem.

There's a pilot in the works. This could be interesting, but I'd go in with low expectations.

Might be a good time to pick up those early back issues and hold onto them, you know, just in case it goes all fucking nutty in the back issue market like AMC's Walking Dead series made the Image comics do.
    I have all the trades if anyone ever wants to trade or buy!

This is the series that got me back into comics. I absolutely love it. Some amazing characters and stories. That being said, I would have much more confidence if this was an HBO series. Your average WALKING DEAD fan would be shocked if they put all the stuff from the comics into the series. Which leads me to believe this would censored 5 ways from Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    I wonder how much will be cut for this to air on AMC?
    A LOT.

Im sorry for being negative. But there's no way this will even come close. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    Im sorry for being negative. But there's no way this will even come close. The end.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane C. View Post
    I have all the trades if anyone ever wants to trade or buy!

This is the series that got me back into comics. I absolutely love it. Some amazing characters and stories. That being said, I would have much more confidence if this was an HBO series. Your average WALKING DEAD fan would be shocked if they put all the stuff from the comics into the series. Which leads me to believe this would censored 5 ways from Sunday.
    Preacher and Hate from Peter Bagge are the only things that kept me in comics for a long time. A few years back I sold off all my Preacher issues. Because I have all the trades. And I have been slowly getting the hardcovers.

Rumor has it that Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are behind this.

I loved the series, one of the last comics runs I read back in the day. I'd love to see it as a series, but AMC? Hmm...they DO go for the jugular with the violence and they have proven they can make high quality programming (like it or hate them, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad are high quality shows).

I'll be the odd man out and say I think they could do it justice, with the right people behind it. I like Seth Rogan, but unless he's behind the scenes rather than in front of the camera on this, I can't see him in ANY role other than Arseface.