Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: AMC Bringing Ennis & Dillon's Preacher To US TV?

I'm guessing the comic is better than the tv show? I sort of watched last night. I have no idea what it was about, had trouble paying attention. Just seemed really silly.

I get what you're saying. It was all over the damn place. Rogen and Co. Definitely don't believe in keeping it simple. If the characters haven't changed from the comic, their back story and every other aspect has. Why is Tulip a tough-talking smart-ass with a whole different motivation? Quincannon is more or less introduced here, but that means he won't be in Salvation. Cassidy is annoying as fuck. I knew they were going to make him a stupid quirky character...he's basically Tim Roth in Four Rooms.

I know it's the first episode, but jesus. For people who claim to love the comic, they've maintained noting of it but the very basic idea.

I'm not bailing on this just yet and will give it a few more episodes. I figured it would be watered down for tv but the first ep was a little on the dull side.
    "Oh good. He's pissed".

I know it's the first episode, but jesus. For people who claim to love the comic, they've maintained noting of it but the very basic idea.
    Thats probably how they did it....

They realised comic books are hpt right now...got their assistant to grab a couple dozen comic books, read the synopsis and summarize the main plots of each series..then they gave the summaries to Rogen etc and they picked Preacher based on this short paragraph...

If you've got a cable provider login you can watch the pilot with a director's commentary here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I watched the first episode and liked it. I'm not terribly familiar with the comic, I read one TPB once that focused entirely on Cassidy but I wouldn't call myself familiar with the lore.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Seen the first 2 and half of ep 3 and loving it still. Just re-read Preacher,for the 40th or so time,and as long as you keep it in your head that the TV show is Preacher Earth 2,or if you were a Marvel Kid Preacher is 618,it is fun.

How is it different from the comic?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    How is it different from the comic?
    I still need to finish ep 3 and watch 4. But so far they just took the bare bones of the comic and changed it up.

I'm about ready to give up on this.
    "Oh good. He's pissed".