Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Santo & Mexican Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Lalala76 View Post
    I think the potential new dub is the aspect that worries me the most.
    I got one of their recent Mexican Classics collection movies and it was a BD-R. That would have been ok if advertised as such, but it wasn't. Devious sods.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Currently watching VCI's Santo and the treasure of Dracula, and man that dubbing. It's a weird watch for sure. It's a valiant attempt in parts, Santo's dub is actually ok, giving a certain mexican flavour but not over the top. The rest of the cast is very much hit and miss, giving slightly dubious European accents. The biggest problem (as with most modern dubs), is just that exactly... they sound just too modern for the era of the film. It does detract somewhat. That being said it's still a fun watch and the blu-ray looks decent enough.
    Last edited by Lalala76; 02-24-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Currently watching VCI's Santo and the treasure of Dracula, and man that dubbing. It's a weird watch for sure. It's a valiant attempt in parts, Santo's dub is actually ok, giving a certain mexican flavour but not over the top. The rest of the cast is very much hit and miss, giving slightly dubious European accents. The biggest problem (as with most modern dubs), is just that exactly... they sound just too modern for the era of the film. It does detract somewhat. That being said it's still a fun watch and the blu-ray looks decent enough.
    You should experience their BATWOMAN/PANTHER WOMEN double feature. In the latter movie, when the villainous, masked female wrestlers are first introduced, you can hear a reporter ask, "Are you lesbians?" Maybe that was in the original movie, but I doubt it.
    VHS will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
    You should experience their BATWOMAN/PANTHER WOMEN double feature. In the latter movie, when the villainous, masked female wrestlers are first introduced, you can hear a reporter ask, "Are you lesbians?" Maybe that was in the original movie, but I doubt it.
    That's the first thing I always ask.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

The biggest problem (as with most modern dubs), is just that exactly... they sound just too modern for the era of the film. It does detract somewhat. That being said it's still a fun watch and the blu-ray looks decent enough.
    I'm really not interested in new dubs, even if they're well done. But the ones i caught on El Rey sounded as if they were recorded in my shower.