Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Films Of Cecil Howard (NSFW)

The Films Of Cecil Howard (NSFW)

So a few days ago I rewatched Neon Nights. Forgot how quirky and interesting that movie is. Gillis is great, and there's the whole 'floating' thing and the magician character who just steals every scene that he's in. It's well paced, kinda hot in spots, just a fun watch. I know that obviously this one and Babylon Pink were put out on legit DVD from Media Blasters but I don't think there are any other legit DVD release of his other films? Am I wrong or just not looking in the right places?

I also know that this has come up on other forums over the years and the story is that he wants a boatload of cash for the rights, which is why they haven't appeared.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I understood that he struck a deal with Command (edit: just checked the thread below, and it appears to be Media Blasters) but then when the movies didn't sell in the high numbers he anticipated, he withheld the rights to release any more. I may have the intricacies wrong there - I'm working from memory.

Either way, you can watch a number of them streaming on hotmovies.com: http://www.hotmovies.com/director/2154/Cecil-Howard/
    Last edited by Ashbee; 11-27-2013 at 05:35 PM.

An informative thread from another forum: http://forum.adultdvdtalk.com/cecil-howard-on-dvd

Thanks Ashbee.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Watched Babylon Pink last night, it's fun. Good cast. Really bizarre use of music. At one point as one couple is getting down the music sounds like a fuzzed out acid rock version of The Little Drummer Boy.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

^ The melon munching is outstanding.

Watched Spitfire last night. John Leslie is funny in it but a bit underused really, just sort of bookending the main storyline. Kerman is pretty funny in this and Sharon Mitchell and Joey Silvera too. Decent sex scenes, a good plot, a pretty solid sense of humor and a wacky score. I dug it. It should get a proper DVD release.

Annie Sprinkle's southern accent is terrible but she looks great with the horn rimmed glasses and Ed Wood style sweater.

Name:  spitfire-movie-poster-1984-1020515351.jpg
Views: 1674
Size:  62.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Was that lady in the poster even in it??
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    Was that lady in the poster even in it??
    She sure was ! That's ravishing German-born Rikki Harte who was also featured somewhat prominently in Howard's Firestorm and Snake Eyes, masterpieces both, though the supposed footage of her in the sequels were just re-run clips from the originals.
    But really, Howard's sitting on such a veritable goldmine of great movies. I wish he would trust one of the great DVD/BluRay companies like Distribpix put out the special editions they so richly deserve. Just think about it : newly remastered widescreen versions, commentaries, deleted footage, trailers... Oh my Gawd !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dries Vermeulen View Post
    I wish he would trust one of the great DVD/BluRay companies like Distribpix put out the special editions they so richly deserve. Just think about it : newly remastered widescreen versions, commentaries, deleted footage, trailers... Oh my Gawd !!!
    Hi Dries! Cool to see you pop up here. I'd definitely buy SE's from Disbribpix or Vinegar Syndrome or anyone who could do at least as good a job. Aside from those Media Blasters discs, there's nothing else really even coming close to doing justice to his movies.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!