Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gal Gadot is WONDER WOMAN (Merged)

Patty Jenkins is confirmed to be returning for the sequel.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/w...wonder-woman-2
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I saw this a little while back. I'd say the best DC since Man Of Steel which sounds positive but you never want your film compared negatively to MoS. It's really just how diabolically wrong things have gone since that puts in any sort of positive light.

I just can't quite get my head round this tone of movie. She's descended from the gods and comes from an island of warrior women- fine- but then she's roaming realistically recreated WW1 battlefields and it's largely po-faced. It just sits wrong in my head. Captain America could get away with it because he was fighting fucking Nazi's and they pass for comic book movie viilans... but WW1 is an entirely different kettle of fish.

After that it just my usual reservations with comic book movies eg they want to be action but there's never any jeopardy, the seemingly hour long cgi finales etc. I also wasn't a big fan of Godot. I'm not sure you get much off her beyond grim determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    I saw this a little while back. I'd say the best DC since Man Of Steel which sounds positive but you never want your film compared negatively to MoS. It's really just how diabolically wrong things have gone since that puts in any sort of positive light.

I just can't quite get my head round this tone of movie. She's descended from the gods and comes from an island of warrior women- fine- but then she's roaming realistically recreated WW1 battlefields and it's largely po-faced. It just sits wrong in my head. Captain America could get away with it because he was fighting fucking Nazi's and they pass for comic book movie viilans... but WW1 is an entirely different kettle of fish.

After that it just my usual reservations with comic book movies eg they want to be action but there's never any jeopardy, the seemingly hour long cgi finales etc. I also wasn't a big fan of Godot. I'm not sure you get much off her beyond grim determination.
    The thing that annoys me with the movie being placed during WWI is that WWII was a key plot point in the character’s origin. I just wish Warner would stop hiring idiots who don’t know, understand or respect the mythologies of the characters to keep making mediocre movies.

Patty Jenkins put this out on twitter.

"Welcome to WONDER WOMAN 1984, Steve Trevor! #WW84"

Name:  DfkY__7W0AEoTo3.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  32.2 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I liked Wonder Woman but why set the sequel in 84? Are they trying to emulate X-Men Apocalypse? That movie was dog shit.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

CBR has a set video posted today.

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-1984-invisible-jet/

Invisible Jet???? RAD.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I never liked the invisible jet. Just say she can fly or can leap amazing distances and doesn't need to fly. It looks like they're going for more of a schlock/Marvel styled movie this time. And every single time Warner Bros. has tried to emulate Marvel has ended with disaster.
    Last edited by Alex K.; 06-21-2018 at 10:08 AM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Wonder Woman 1984 pushed back to 2020.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/...n-1984-delayed
    Rock! Shock! Pop!