Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mill Creek Reissuing The Tick - The Complete Series

New Amazon pilot seems to be getting more or less panned across the board, but CBR liked it.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...thing-big-blue
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I tried watching the original series back when Mill Creek released it. Couldn't finish it.
    "Freddie's on the corner now. If you wanna be a junkie wow!"

Amazon is moving ahead with a full season of the new series.

http://www.cultjer.com/amazon-gives-...l-season-order
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I watched the first six episodes a while back and I'll watch the new ones when they come. I do so though merely out of a sense of duty having read every comic and seen every episode of the tv versions. Ben Edlund is having a very strange career. Whenever he writes for another show Angel, Supernatural etc his episodes are always the best the show has. You would think by now he would have been given his own original show rather than constantly reimagining The Tick. I wasn't a fan of the previous live tv version but this ones worse. The guy playing the Tick just looks wrong, sounds wrong and the character just feels... well lets go with wrong. I'm kind of hoping it doesn't get renewed because I know I'm going to keep watching them as long as they keep making them and life is only so long.

The Tick has been cancelled at Amazon.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-...been-cancelled
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Yea saw the news. Does this mean Ben now has time to write and draw issue 13 of the Tick?

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Yea saw the news. Does this mean Ben now has time to write and draw issue 13 of the Tick?
    I remember writing pretty much the same thing when the last live action Tick was cancelled. Someone pointed out that a 13th issue had already been done, apparently with some input from Ben. Never read it. Would kill for a proper one.

As much I've loved Tick for... man it's gotta be 25 odd years or more... I'm not sorry to see this get canned. I watched the first two episodes of the new season. I do not see why this gets good review. The tone is all over the place. The Tick is totally miscast. No matter how hard I try I cannot grok it.
    In preproduction: www.lovesexandrobots.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    I remember writing pretty much the same thing when the last live action Tick was cancelled. Someone pointed out that a 13th issue had already been done, apparently with some input from Ben. Never read it. Would kill for a proper one.

As much I've loved Tick for... man it's gotta be 25 odd years or more... I'm not sorry to see this get canned. I watched the first two episodes of the new season. I do not see why this gets good review. The tone is all over the place. The Tick is totally miscast. No matter how hard I try I cannot grok it.
    Yea supposedly Ben gave whoever wrote issue 13 some notes. I have read issue 13 and it is ok. But still want to see what Ben had planned out.