Thread: Lone Wolf and Cub

Lone Wolf and Cub

Started watching this a few years ago and although I loved it, there's too much to watch and not enough time, so I'm just getting around to watching the rest of it. I absolutely love Daigoro's character (thus the banner). He's so badass yet still so much a child. Can't wait to finish this series up. Seems like the epitome of samurai films... so tough and serious and ruthless and honorable. Can't wait to watch the last two.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Love the tricked out Baby Cart, and I have often felt just like Lone Wolf when I was walking my youngun in the stroller.

Yup.... think the fact that it shoots and stuff is a bit unrealistic. I like the hidden daggers though. And I like when he ties it to the boat and Daigoro rides behind!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    Started watching this a few years ago and although I loved it, there's too much to watch and not enough time, so I'm just getting around to watching the rest of it. I absolutely love Daigoro's character (thus the banner). He's so badass yet still so much a child. Can't wait to finish this series up. Seems like the epitome of samurai films... so tough and serious and ruthless and honorable. Can't wait to watch the last two.
    I haven't seen these in full since the 1990s (on VHS) but I picked up the complete DVD set a year or so ago and am planning to revisit the whole shebang when I get the time. (I like to watch series of films like this over no more than a week or so.) I really like the last couple of films, especially WHITE HEAVEN IN HELL (snow always helps a film, imo), though BABY CART AT THE RIVER STYX is probably my favourite.

Have you read any of the original LONE WOLF AND CUB comics, Alison? They're pretty good. Also Max Allan Collin's ROAD TO PERDITION is worth reading as a very similar story - almost a continuation of sorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul h. View Post
    Love the tricked out Baby Cart, and I have often felt just like Lone Wolf when I was walking my youngun in the stroller.
    Ha, so I'm not the only one When my first son was born, I'd often have quotes from the films floating about in my head whilst I was pushing his pram.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post

Ha, so I'm not the only one When my first son was born, I'd often have quotes from the films floating about in my head whilst I was pushing his pram.
    Nothing like constant sleep deprivation to skew the line between fantasy and reality. His look is awesome, with the unkempt hair, three day stubble, and a permanent scowl on his face.

Of course, if I'm shopping at the supermarket with my child, the frame of reference shifts to the George Romero Dead movies
    Last edited by paul h.; 01-16-2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: stupid words.

Quote Originally Posted by paul h. View Post
    Nothing like constant sleep deprivation to skew the line between fantasy and reality.
    Ah, a perspective that only a fellow parent can understand

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Some screen caps from the German BD release here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!