Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Road To Revenge (aka Get Even aka GETEVEN)

Bristol Bad Film Club tracked down the man himself and interviewed John De Hart about this masterpiece.

I sugged you all read this.

http://www.bristolbadfilmclub.co.uk/...er-of-geteven/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That's a great interview. I love his claim that it was supposed to be a "surrealistic movie"; it's similar to how the makers of BOARDINGHOUSE now claim that their film was an intentional comedy. Bullshit! In both films, the sincerity shines through, and I don't believe for a second that either filmmaker had any idea what they were doing; that's what makes them awesome!

John De Hart has got to be the wimpiest action hero in film history. I honestly believe that Wings was actually making fun of him on-camera; the scene right before the "Shimmy Slide" performance where Wings asks him what he'd like to drink and De Hart says "I'll have a beer, buddy" and Wings responds: "A beer-buddy?" while the bored girls surrounding him try not to crack-up. BTW, this could be Wings' best performance. Ever. He's completely out-of-control and it's a joy to watch. Bill Smith is just awful; his detailed description to the DA about Wings and De Hart snorting coke on the job is astounding (he acts as if he's speaking to children who've never heard of drugs before). This is one of the great bad movies.

Now that I know about the three different cuts of the film, I demand a special edition; maybe Massacre Video could look into licensing it.

The hack frauds over at Red Letter Media watch Road to Revenge.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    BTW, this could be Wings' best performance. Ever. He's completely out-of-control and it's a joy to watch.
    Watched this again last night and I forgot about the scene where Wings is ironing his pants and watching himself on "The Young and the Restless". Also, near the end when Rick is training for the big showdown and Wings' character (named Huck Finney) comes stumbling into the room (he's very drunk throughout the movie) literally dressed up like Huckleberry Finn! There's also three scenes where he assaults the cops who are trying to arrest him. If this ever gets a legit DVD release, I want at least 2 hours of Wings outtakes.

I love how Rick tried to coin his own catchphrase, too: "Not a problem.", which he says 4 or 5 times during the film.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

I'd just like to point out that according to Google Analytics, 'Champagne And Bullets Blu-ray Review' was the #1 search query that brought people to the site last month.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Bill Smith is just awful
    I take this back. He has the best line-reading in the whole film, when he says at the end: "She was a stone-cold biiiitch." Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Posted earlier today on the @shockvalue twitter feed, apparently this billboard is still standing in L.A.!

Name:  FCMl57pVgAArScM.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  103.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!