Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taxi Driver On Blu-ray

No idea. It was on the first single disc DVD issue from Sony (and the CC laserdisc?) and the CD isn't out of print or hard to find.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Fantastic release. Really amazing. Some guy on my FB page made the comment that "at least now you can see it the way it was meant to be seen, hahahaha" and of course was implying that a shitty old film that looks like ass like Taxi driver is best watched on a 90th gen VHS copy or whatever these asshat friends of mine think, but he's not far off the mark. it's great to see it the way it was meant to be seen, grain and everything intact and not scrubbed....I know that there's a lot of talk about how NYC used to be and if it was good vs. bad that they cleaned it up, but the city has such character in this film (as much as the cab, imo), it really makes me wonder if it was such a terrible place to be.

dig the extra features too where former mayor Koch says that he's glad that his administration is the one that started the cleaning up of the city, but then talks about how much he loves the film. Seems to be a contradiction.

Koch is a walking contradiction in a lot of ways.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

In semi-related news, Leonard Harris (who played Senator Palantine) passed away a few days ago.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/31/ar...t-81.html?_r=2
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Sony's doing a 4k remaster for a 40th Anniversary Blu-ray release.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19822

Name:  CsMfR3sVUAA3eks.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  24.0 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Last BD looks amazing. No double-dip for me.

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Ditto. I've bought this on every format once already, not buying again. And the last BD was indeed beautiful!
    Looking for Orozco the Embalmer (Camera Obscura) and the Swedish theatrical poster of Breaking Point (Vibenius/"Ron Silberman Jr.", 1975).

So I know Scorsese is on record as saying he now prefers the desaturated ending - and I know the saturated version supposedly no longer exists - but if for whatever reason, this release restored the lurid / saturated colors to the film's conclusion, I'd be all over it.

I could still swear I had a Goodtimes VHS release in LP mode that featured this - or maybe it's just a delusion my mind has feverishly constructed over the years.

This is nothing more than a repackaging of the 4K release, that ports over the extras from the 2011 Digibook BD, with nothing more than a new cover and newly recorded 40 minute Q&A. Just sayin'.