Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Umbrella Entertainment Releasing Razorback On Blu-ray

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    It's the most well shot killer boar movie ever made.
    It's basically Jaws on land.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    Anyone know when this is being released?
    Release date is May 7th.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    It's basically Jaws on land.
    I'm sure that's what he told the finaciers. Much love out there for this film? It's got that great "Tony Scott on a budget" look to it but I most recall just being a bit bored. Did anyone ever release Dark Age? I never have seen that one.

That's the killer crocodile movie, right? I think Umbrella put that out on DVD but no Blu-ray that I know of.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    That's the killer crocodile movie, right? I think Umbrella put that out on DVD but no Blu-ray that I know of.
    The Dark Age film is definitely on BD as it's included in 1 of the 4 Ozploitation sets they put out. I think it's in number 4.

Looks like, in regards to Razorback, they just used an existing master as they didn't have the budget to do a new telecine. Which I get, but it's still disappointing.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=237733&page=4
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

A bit more from a poster at Blu-ray.com:

"Some observations after having finally watched this release.

The opening credits have been restored which is cool, including the original Greater Union title card that played in front of the film in Australian cinemas.
    On the DVD releases, the UAA film card was replaced by a very cheesy Wonder Classics presents and the UAA credit is restored on the BD.

The film has been left untouched in regards to grain which I am very happy about as the the film was shot on a new "at the time" fast film stock which resulted in a lot of grain. The film is also loaded with optical fades and transitions and I am happy the film was left intact, there is a lot of detail on display here, which would of been lost had they gone the DNR route.

The colour grading is decent although a tad oversaturated at times, which results in a couple scenes not looking quite right. For example, the scene where John Harrison bends down to look at the marks in the ground left by the hatchet, you can see the blue from his shirt makes his hand blue. Nothing major, but a little distracting.

The big surprise was the lossless audio, which is a huge step up from anything previous. The film now has a nice dynamic range that was totally absent from the overly compressed tracks featured on the DVD releases.
    The DTS track featured on the Anchor Bay DVD release from the UK killed the Umbrella DVD in this regard, but even that pales compared to this lossless rendering.
    The soundtrack displays a lot of stereo imaging and panning effects that was not really apparent on the DVD tracks, very impressive I thought for a film made in Australia over thirty years ago.
    The bass in the low end was the biggest shock, which extends below 30hz in a few scenes. Overall I am happy with how good this sounds.

All the same features are carried over from the DVD and the interviews from Not Quite Hollywood total almost 85 minutes which was nice, even though a tad repetitious in the information given.

I am still annoyed that it is an interlaced transfer with Pal speedup, but if it is all we will get for this film I can live with it, but if anyone else did a proper 1080p transfer I would still be first in line to buy it.
    For now though, this is the best way to watch this film. "
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I haven't tested it on my ps3 yet but the packaging for this says that it's region free.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I haven't tested it on my ps3 yet but the packaging for this says that it's region free.
    Not got PS4 yet?