Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Restored!

Once I get this blu ray I will own TCM on 5 formats. Beta,vhs,laserdisc,dvd and blu. Did it ever get a CED release?

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Once I get this blu ray I will own TCM on 5 formats. Beta,vhs,laserdisc,dvd and blu. Did it ever get a CED release?
    No VCD version then Newt?

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Yup: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-chains...e/271357312865

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post
    No VCD version then Newt?
    Never saw one. If I did I would buy it. Just like how a few years back I was in a local flea market. Found a Betamax of Phantasm. With the original price sticker from Radio shack on it. Went to buy it and the lady told me 3 times "Now this tape won't work in a vcr. You gotta get this special machine to play it." I let her know that I knew what a Betamax tape was,and that I had a working Betamax Vcr. Was totally worth the buck they charged me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Damin J. Toell View Post
    Now I know what to tell my girlfriend to get me for X-mas.

The French version....

Name:  10690170_10152293909021363_451925329425498466_n.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  61.5 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

delete
    Last edited by Koukol; 09-20-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Details on the Second Sight UK Blu-ray release...

Supervised by director Tobe Hooper, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre has received a stunning 4K restoration and 7.1 audio mix, looking and sounding like never before. The film will be released as a two-disc limited edition Steelbook Blu-ray with brand new artwork created by Doaly and stacked with brand new bonus features, a standard two disc Blu-ray, with reversible sleeve featuring the new artwork and the original U.S. poster artwork will also be available, on 17 November 2014.

BRAND NEW BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:
    • New audio commentary with Director Tobe Hooper
    • New audio commentary with Cinematographer Daniel Pearl, Sound Recordist TedNicolaou and Editor J. Larry Carroll
    • ‘Cutting Chain Saw’ with Editor J. Larry Carroll
    • ‘Grandpa’s Tales’ with actor John Dugan
    • Horror’s Hallowed Grounds
    • New deleted scenes/outtakes

OTHER BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:
    • Audio commentary with Tobe Hooper, Actor Gunnar Hansen, Cinematographer Daniel Pearl
    • Audio commentary with Actors Marilyn Burns, Allen Danziger, and Paul A.Partain and Production Designer Robert Burns
    • ‘The Shocking Truth’ documentary plus outtakes
    • ‘Flesh Wounds’– Seven Stories of The Saw
    • ‘Off The Hook’ with Teri McMinn
    • ‘The Business of Chain Saw’ with Production Manager Ron Bozman
    • A Tour of The TCSM House with Gunnar Hansen
    • Tobe Hooper interview
    • Kim Henkel interview
    • Deleted scenes and outtakes, trailers, TV and Radio spots
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The Second Sight disc is being authored by David MacKenzie, so if you're the sort of person who chooses which edition to buy based on how good the compression is that'll be the one to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    The Second Sight disc is being authored by David MacKenzie, so if you're the sort of person who chooses which edition to buy based on how good the compression is that'll be the one to get.
    And, indeed, there are indications that the compression on the new U.S. Dark Sky Blu-ray is has caused a loss in fine detail (even below the prior Blu-ray release), so I'm definitely looking forward to see what Second Sight has done.

Check out this comparison between the new Dark Sky Blu and the old Dark Sky Blu, fine detail appears to be obliterated: http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleich...ess=#vergleich

Differences in color timing are one thing (and Tobe apparently approved the look of the new transfer, so if he's OK with it then so am I), but the compression (or whatever else may have caused this issue) is really disappointing.