Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator Trilogy Blu-ray Release Coming In May

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    I don't think Robocop 2 was aimed at Tweens per se, I think they cast a child as one of the villains as a subversive act. Trying to be shocking (which worked, Roger Ebert got on his moral soapbox over the casting) and throw the audience for a loop.
    I dunno, take a look at this TV ad:

The way the kid says "It's Robo!" is pretty sly.
    Last edited by Matt H.; 06-27-2017 at 08:48 PM.

That's advertising and that doesn't represent what the filmmakers intended. By that logic you could say Drive was supposed to be Fast and the Furious judging by this one trailer:

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I'm not really seeing FAST AND FURIOUS there - I think that trailer lets you know it's going to be a hard-edged, violent movie.

That ROBOCOP 2 trailer makes it look like a Marvel movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    It may have been dumbed-down, but I wouldn't call it sanitized; I still think it's one of the sleaziest and most mean-spirited movies to ever come out of Hollywood. Plus, it was a summer blockbuster aimed at pre-teens!
    Going from battling the MPAA and having to cut several minutes of footage to get a hard R vs only getting an R because of language is pretty sanitized.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    Going from battling the MPAA and having to cut several minutes of footage to get a hard R vs only getting an R because of language is pretty sanitized.
    Um, have you seen the movie recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Trying to be shocking (which worked, Roger Ebert got on his moral soapbox over the casting) and throw the audience for a loop.
    Here's the excerpt from Ebert's review:

"Cain's sidekicks include a violent, foul-mouthed young boy, who looks to be about 12 years old but kills without remorse, swears like Eddie Murphy, and eventually takes over the drug business. I hesitate to suggest the vicious little tyke has been shoehorned into this R-rated movie so that the kiddies will have someone to identify with when they see it on video, but stranger things have happened."

I think that's a perfectly reasonable observation. It's just Ebert's typical cynicism about Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Here's the excerpt from Ebert's review:

"Cain's sidekicks include a violent, foul-mouthed young boy, who looks to be about 12 years old but kills without remorse, swears like Eddie Murphy, and eventually takes over the drug business. I hesitate to suggest the vicious little tyke has been shoehorned into this R-rated movie so that the kiddies will have someone to identify with when they see it on video, but stranger things have happened."

I think that's a perfectly reasonable observation. It's just Ebert's typical cynicism about Hollywood.
    Well, it was around the time of Robocop 2 that the Marvel comic book started up, and the Kenner toy line was in full swing...

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I hate to say it but this didn't get me excited. This is a bad trailer.

Alejandro Jodorowsky