Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Predator Trilogy Blu-ray Release Coming In May

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Surely Arnold's cheap enough to hire these days to get him back?
    Shane Black offered him a cameo in the most recent flick but Arnold declined to return to the franchise unless he's the star of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaibatan View Post
    Shane Black offered him a cameo in the most recent flick but Arnold declined to return to the franchise unless he's the star of the film.
    As much as I enjoy Arnold's 80s movies, the Predator will always be the star!
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    The only good one is the original.
    I enjoy the second film. It is almost as good as the original. But after than they are trash. Which is odd cause there is a bunch of good Predator comics and novels.

The second one is a lot of fun. Derivative as hell, but so entertaining.

Maybe Van Damme should be in the next one...

It saddens me when people fail to acknowledge the full-spectrum awesomeness of 'Predator 2'.

Meanwhile, I saw the most recent one ('THE Predator'?) on a plane a couple of years back, and, perhaps it was just the jet-lag and exhaustion getting to me, but I found the first half pretty entertaining, in a you-gotta-be-fuckin-kidding-me kind of way. Really generated a lot of (largely unintentional?) laughs. More than anything, it felt like some goofy Olen Ray/Wynorski type b-movie made with an a-movie studio budget, so.... there are certainly worse things I could have been watching on the in-flight, although I recall the final act/big CGI showdown becoming very gruelling and charmless.

Quote Originally Posted by BW Haggar View Post
    It saddens me when people fail to acknowledge the full-spectrum awesomeness of 'Predator 2'.

Meanwhile, I saw the most recent one ('THE Predator'?) on a plane a couple of years back, and, perhaps it was just the jet-lag and exhaustion getting to me, but I found the first half pretty entertaining, in a you-gotta-be-fuckin-kidding-me kind of way. Really generated a lot of (largely unintentional?) laughs. More than anything, it felt like some goofy Olen Ray/Wynorski type b-movie made with an a-movie studio budget, so.... there are certainly worse things I could have been watching on the in-flight, although I recall the final act/big CGI showdown becoming very gruelling and charmless.
    I think there are bits of Shane Black's dark humour that come out which are intentional. But overall a sort of watchable mess. Liked it more than the third.

I don't really like PREDATOR 2. It's just kind of a typically loud, sloppy action film from the period. Plus I don't think the Predator is nearly as menacing in a big city setting as he was stalking men in the jungle. In a way, the city dwarfs him to a point that makes him seem less threatening.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Predator 2 was extremely disappointing on release. However it holds up much much better than Predators and The Predator.

Looks like the new movie is going to be an origin story.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/new...good-original/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!