Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 151

Thread: Predator Trilogy Blu-ray Release Coming In May

  1. #131
    Administrator Ian Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    62,936
    Looks like the fifth film might be going straight to Hulu.

    https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/40...aight-to-hulu/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

  2. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backwoods Mississippi
    Posts
    3,138
    I almost had to ask "There was a 3rd and 4th Predator films..." then remembered Predators,which I hated,and that other one I haven't seen.

  3. #133
    MCMLXXX Matt H.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Burlington, ON
    Posts
    4,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    I almost had to ask "There was a 3rd and 4th Predator films..." then remembered Predators,which I hated,and that other one I haven't seen.
    The only good one is the original.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

  4. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,997
    The Predator series suffers from the same issue as the sequels to Alien. After the monster has been revealed and killed, what's really left to do with it all?

  5. #135
    They coulda subtitled 'em all CHASING THE DRAGON.

  6. #136
    Waterfall Puncher Derrick King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sklarbro Country
    Posts
    3,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    The Predator series suffers from the same issue as the sequels to Alien. After the monster has been revealed and killed, what's really left to do with it all?
    Predators has a great idea, a bunch of people brought to an alien planet that is the predators' hunting reserve, it just wasn't very good.

  7. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick King View Post
    Predators has a great idea, a bunch of people brought to an alien planet that is the predators' hunting reserve, it just wasn't very good.
    I liked Predator 2 and Predators, but by the nature of the story in the first movie, they simultaneously created a cool mythology, but also told all the story there really is to tell at the same time.

  8. #138
    Waterfall Puncher Derrick King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sklarbro Country
    Posts
    3,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    I liked Predator 2 and Predators, but by the nature of the story in the first movie, they simultaneously created a cool mythology, but also told all the story there really is to tell at the same time.
    That is true. But it is also true about nearly every movie series. For example, I love the Zatoichi movies, but the first one really said all that needed to be said about the character.

  9. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick King View Post
    That is true. But it is also true about nearly every movie series. For example, I love the Zatoichi movies, but the first one really said all that needed to be said about the character.
    Not quite the same, I'd say. The monster movies are all about the buildup of the reveal and defeat of the monster, where something like Zatoichi, there is more to naturally flow forth before becoming redundant.

  10. #140
    The Predator franchise gets a lot of goodwill due to excellent creature design.

    Surely Arnold's cheap enough to hire these days to get him back?
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-10-2021, 11:34 PM
  2. Mad Max Trilogy Coming To Blu-ray
    By Ian Jane in forum General Cinema
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-18-2020, 09:57 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 01:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •