Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator Trilogy Blu-ray Release Coming In May

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Jake Busey is an odd choice. Do you think that Shane Black is going to do some kind of callback to Predator 2? He'd kind of have to because Jake looks so much like his father.
    CALLED IT!
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I also like how Shane is acknowledging the very underrated Predator 2. That's a sequel, like Robocop 2, where fanboys just love unnecessarily trashing it.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I saw P2 in the theater first run. Loved it the, still love it now. Never understood the hate for it. I think it's just the fact that Arnold isn't in it that gets people irked.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I saw the first one in theatre, second one on VHS. I think that the second one was an R, so i couldn't get in. I have to admit that I dig it, but the first one is a masterpiece of 80's awesome. No film could follow that up.

I thought Predator 2 was shit when it first came out. Now I think its pretty entertaining shit. Doesn't hold a candle to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
    I thought Predator 2 was shit when it first came out. Now I think its pretty entertaining shit. Doesn't hold a candle to the original.
    Predator 2 was a brilliant move after the first. The first movie's central mechanic was "What the hell is hunting these guys?" Of course, once you answer that question, doing it again would have been a shitty sequel. 2 avoided the problem by making it "You know what is hunting everyone, so how the hell are THESE guys going to deal with it?" It made a different-feeling movie that managed to be in tune with the original and equal it for quality.

Robocop 2 was dumbed-down, sanitized garbage that should never have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I saw P2 in the theater first run. Loved it the, still love it now. Never understood the hate for it. I think it's just the fact that Arnold isn't in it that gets people irked.
    It comes down to that and the setting being a city. But we all know how well that worked out when they returned to the jungle. Even though I grew to like Predators (3) it's definitely not up to par with the first two.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    Robocop 2 was dumbed-down, sanitized garbage that should never have been made.
    It may have been dumbed-down, but I wouldn't call it sanitized; I still think it's one of the sleaziest and most mean-spirited movies to ever come out of Hollywood. Plus, it was a summer blockbuster aimed at pre-teens!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    It may have been dumbed-down, but I wouldn't call it sanitized; I still think it's one of the sleaziest and most mean-spirited movies to ever come out of Hollywood. Plus, it was a summer blockbuster aimed at pre-teens!
    I don't think Robocop 2 was aimed at Tweens per se, I think they cast a child as one of the villains as a subversive act. Trying to be shocking (which worked, Roger Ebert got on his moral soapbox over the casting) and throw the audience for a loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I saw the first one in theatre, second one on VHS. I think that the second one was an R, so i couldn't get in. I have to admit that I dig it, but the first one is a masterpiece of 80's awesome. No film could follow that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
    I agree that Predator is a pretty perfectly executed film. Very fun film of course. But, like Alien and Aliens, it's a really solid example of structure and setup.

Predator 2 is a fun followup that -while not being as perfectly executed- still manages to hit all the notes. The opening action sequence is top notch for example.
    Last edited by Alex K.; 06-27-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Alejandro Jodorowsky