Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Fargo

I've watched the first two episodes and I'm not sure I'll watch more. I'm sure it will get good, I just can't be bothered.

Tonally its in a wierd space. The setup: in order to strike peace two warring gangs swap their leaders sons. It doesn't work and just about everyone dies. Flash forward a little. In order to strike peace two warring gangs swap their leaders sons. It doesn't work and just about everyone dies. Flash forward a little. Same deal again. Despite the fact that it didn't work the first two times, and despite it being a fucking wierd solution to start with, they do it again. It doesn't make a lot of sense. So we're in fairy tale land. Except it doesn't feel much like a fairy tale. So we've got a shaky foundation here.

It just doesn't feel a lot like Fargo. It doesn't have the music, the ultra smart cop, the hapless, greed crazed crooks. Still zings on the writing from time to time but theres just nothing there to get hold of for me.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    I've watched the first two episodes and I'm not sure I'll watch more. I'm sure it will get good, I just can't be bothered.

Tonally its in a wierd space. The setup: in order to strike peace two warring gangs swap their leaders sons. It doesn't work and just about everyone dies. Flash forward a little. In order to strike peace two warring gangs swap their leaders sons. It doesn't work and just about everyone dies. Flash forward a little. Same deal again. Despite the fact that it didn't work the first two times, and despite it being a fucking wierd solution to start with, they do it again. It doesn't make a lot of sense. So we're in fairy tale land. Except it doesn't feel much like a fairy tale. So we've got a shaky foundation here.

It just doesn't feel a lot like Fargo. It doesn't have the music, the ultra smart cop, the hapless, greed crazed crooks. Still zings on the writing from time to time but theres just nothing there to get hold of for me.
    In episode three Timothy Olyphant shows up as the smart cop. So far him and the crazy nurse are the best part of this season. But yeah, so far this is the weakest, and least "Fargo" season yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
    In episode three Timothy Olyphant shows up as the smart cop..
    Oh really?! Quite like Olyphant. Maybe I do need to keep watching.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Looking forward to watching this season, despite Chris Rock!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!