Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Fargo

Fox's press release confirms DVD only. BLAH!

CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED FARGO YEAR THREE COMES TO DVD DECEMBER 5, 2017

Nominated for Six Emmy® Awards Including Outstanding Limited Series
    LOS ANGELES, CA (Oct. 5, 2017) – Emmy® nominated, “true crime” drama, Fargo Year Three, arrives on DVD December 5 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.

Set in 2010, chapter three centers on Emmit, the “Parking Lot King of Minnesota,” and his younger brother Ray Stussy (Ewan McGregor), a pot-bellied parole officer with a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt – and he blames his brother. Their sibling rivalry follows a twisted path that begins with petty theft but soon leads to murder, mobsters and cut-throat, competitive bridge.

Following the death of their father, Ray and Emmit trade their inheritance; Emmit handing over his precious Corvette to Ray for a valuable stamp collection, a deal which sets this ensemble cast on a collision course. Ray and his parolee girlfriend, Nikki Swango, plot to steal the stamps back after blackmailing another parolee, Maurice LeFay into carrying out the task. Murder and fraud follow as steady chief of the local police department Gloria Burgle investigates the unexpected death of her stepfather Ennis Stussy. Meanwhile, Emmit and his business partner Sy Feltz seek to repay a two-year old loan on his parking lot before Emmit is approached by the conniving V.M. Varga who delivers bad news to him in an attempt to expand his power and influence in St. Cloud.

The series also stars Emmy® nominated actress Mary McDonnell (The Closer, Major Crimes) as wealthy widow Ruby Goldfarb; Russell Harvard (Fringe, CSI:NY) reprises his role as deaf assassin Mr. Wrench; Shea Whigham (Boardwalk Empire) as Gloria’s boss, Chief Moe Dammik; Olivia Sandoval (Medium) as Winnie Lopez who assists Gloria Burgle in her investigation; Hamish Linklater (Larue Dollard) as an IRS agent investigating Stussy Lots; Andy Yu (Hell on Wheels) and Goran Bogdan (The Last Panthers) as Vargas’s henchman Meemo and Yuri, respectively

Emmy® Award winning Executive Producers Noah Hawley (showrunner/writer), Joel & Ethan Coen, Warren Littlefield and John Cameron all return for the third installment.

Fargo is produced by MGM Television and FX Productions for the FX Network in the U.S., with MGM Television acting as the lead studio and worldwide distributor of the series.

FARGO YEAR 3 DVD:
    DVD Release Date: December 5, 2017
    Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (2.00:1)
    Audio: English / French / German Dolby Digital 5.1
    Subtitles: English / Spanish / French / Portuguese
    U.S. Rating: TV-MA
    Closed Caption: Yes

SPECIAL FEATURES:
    “First Look”
    “Ray and Nikki”
    “Emmit Stussy and Sy Feltz”
    “One Actor, Two Characters”
    “Gloria Burgle”
    “Varga”
    “Anatomy of a Scene”
    “The Digital Age”
    “Connectivity and References”
    “Locations”
    “Noah Hawley”
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

There is a listing for an Australian release of Season 3 on Blu-ray here, but who knows if it'll pan out...

Currently watching season three on DVD (grrr...). Not enjoying it nearly as much as the first two seasons. I'm finding a lot of the artsiness (though well done) out of place and it's just bothering me. I like the Emmett Stussy storyline and Varga is great, and the cop chief lady (Gloria?) is okay, but I'm just not finding myself attached to any of the characters really like I did with seasons one and two. Still, always curious to see how the tie everything together in the end.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Ray Wise makes S3 worth seeing all by himself.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm a little more into it than I was a few episodes ago...
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

So its last half is much stronger than its first half but S3 is, like others have said, not as good as the first two. Still worth watching, Ewan is really good in it, in fact the whole cast is really good in it. If I never have to see Varga eat again, however, it'll be too soon.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Ray Wise makes S3 worth seeing all by himself.
    Absolutely. He appeared in my two favourite episodes of the season.

The scene between him and Yuri at the bowling alley still haunts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    The scene between him and Yuri at the bowling alley still haunts me.
    Best episode of the season; the bowling alley scene with Wise was the cherry on that cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Quot View Post
    Best episode of the season; the bowling alley scene with Wise was the cherry on that cake.
    It also led to one of the best lines in the series:

"Ray's a cat now."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

So S4 is in the works, it will star Chris Rock and it will be an adaptation of Jack Kirby's New Gods.

https://www.cbr.com/fargo-new-gods-j...l-father-pact/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!