Thread: Any Titus Moede/Moody experts here on this forum?

Any Titus Moede/Moody experts here on this forum?

Do any of the experts here know of a softcore (at least soft, if not hard) film about female Roller Derby that exploitation mag/filmmaker veteran Titus Moede/Moody was shooting around March of 1969?

There were several stills from it in the pages of Night And Day magazine, in the March 1969 issue. I've never heard of a completed Roller Derby/sex film, other than UNHOLY ROLLERS (1972).

Moody, according to the two Bad Mags books, staged many photo shoots and covers for adults-only magazines, so maybe this was a magazine shoot masquerading as a film shoot? Moody did direct some films about subcultures, such as OUTLAW BIKERS and THE LAST OF THE AMERICAN HOBOS, so perhaps he considered Roller Derby to be another subculture.

I'd love to hear if this description, sketchy though it may be, rings any bells for anybody.

I asked Howie Pyro about this, since he's pretty in tune with this kind of thing. Unfortunately, not in this case:

"man, not really...i don't know of a doc...but he filmed anything for anyone so it could be a magazine shoot...or it's a very good possibility that it was a scene in a movie that has nothing whatsoever to do with roller derby overall..."

Thanks, Ben. The photos show young women "skaters" tearing the jersey off of another young woman, definitely softcore stuff. A closer look at one of the photos shows one of the fighting women to be wearing a high-heeled shoe, not a skate. I can say that no true pro skater would wear a high heeled shoe on a Roller Derby track, so that photo has obviously been staged.

Intriguingly, there is a small slate for the film shown, and it lists "Camera-Jack Hill" as well as "Director-Titus Moody." Jack Hill made several wonderful cult films, but maybe he moonlighted as a nudie photographer in his off hours? I know that he did some nudist camp photography, including the film THE RAW ONES. Unlike Titus Moody, Jack Hill is still alive, but I'm not on Facebook, and Hill doesn't seem to maintain a website.