Thread: Blue Underground Releasing COMPAÑEROS on Blu-ray!

Blue Underground Releasing COMPAÑEROS on Blu-ray!

Name:  BLU_Oct_28_2014_SS_small.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  81.7 KB

Fate brought them together… Greed made them inseparable… Violence made them COMPAÑEROS!

Yodlaf Peterson (Franco Nero of DJANGO) is a suave Swedish arms dealer with a love for fast money. Vasco (Tomas Milian of TRAFFIC) is a trigger-happy Mexican bandit with a hate for suave Swedish arms dealers. But when the two men team up to kidnap a professor who holds the key to a fortune in gold, they find themselves hunted by the American army, stalked by a marijuana-crazed sadist (Academy Award® winner Jack Palance) and trapped in the middle of a revolution about to explode. Can these two enemies blast their way across Mexico together without killing each other first?

Written and directed by the legendary Sergio Corbucci (DJANGO, THE GREAT SILENCE), COMPAÑEROS is a once-in-a-lifetime teaming of the two greatest European stars in ‘Spaghetti Western’ history. Fernando Rey (THE FRENCH CONNECTION) and Karin Schubert (BLACK EMANUELLE) co-star in this action-packed comedy classic that also features a remarkable score by Ennio Morricone (THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY). Now freshly transferred in gorgeous High Definition from the original negative, COMPAÑEROS is presented here in both its English and full-length Italian Versions for the first time ever!

English and Italian audio in DTS-HD Mono with subs in English SDH, Frenc and Spanish.

Extras:
    • Audio Commentary with Journalists C. Courtney Joyner and Henry Parke
    • In The Company Of Compañeros – Interviews with Stars Franco Nero & Tomas Milian and Composer Ennio Morricone
    • International Trailer
    • Italian Trailer
    • Poster & Still Gallery

Name:  Companeros_BD_keyart4c.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  68.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'll probably get this - spaghetti westerns on BD are so rare - but it's really fallen off for me. I find a lot of it annoying and it's over long. Love the score though. THE MERCENARY is my favorite Corbucci after SILENCE.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

I like this film but, like Andrew, prefer THE MERCENARY. I'll definitely snag COMPANEROS on Blu, however. It's been years since I last saw the film.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard