Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Evil Dead TV Series Announced - Ash Vs. The Evil Dead

I too would have preferred a movie...without the sidekicks!

Maybe due to the sucess of the series Raimi will change his mind about Evil Dead 4 after the series finishes..hope so, but I guess maybe he wants to spend his time doing stuff other than Evil Dead...He reallly needs to send give Ash a BIG cinematic sendoff..Bruce and the fans need closure forbthe character..and a balls-to-the-wall high axtion movie would be the best..Army of Darkness should not be the final movie in the series.

I am finding it harder to get excited about this show. Sidekicks are ciphers, and the cop on their trial is cliched and annoying. The OTP CGI is beginning to grate as well.
    Lawless may be a hidden gem but the way the writing is going, I am not counting on it. Too many elements that would never be tolerated in one of the theatrical outings.
    Still, not a horrible way to spend 30 minutes but for me Ep 3 was a drop from Ep2 and a big slide from the Raini directed premiere.

Big step down for Episode 3. Still miles better than everything else on TV, and hey....The Stooges.

Yeah...I think as long as you are not going into the series thinking this is Evil Dead 4 you will be entertained...Bruce is on top form..so even though episode 3 was a jit of a filler..Bruce still livened up the proceedings...churros

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Haha..episode 4 was funny..love Ash's psychadelic trip!!..And Lucy Lawless looks like an unteresting part of the story

One thing though...if they intended to make 2 - parters in tuis series then why not just commit to one hour episodes all round??...They kept saying 30 mins was the ideal time for an episode..then made this story in 2 parts...unless they are gonna drag this part out for longer than 2 episodes..

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by sukebanboy View Post
    Haha..episode 4 was funny..love Ash's psychadelic trip!!..And Lucy Lawless looks like an unteresting part of the story

One thing though...if they intended to make 2 - parters in tuis series then why not just commit to one hour episodes all round??...They kept saying 30 mins was the ideal time for an episode..then made this story in 2 parts...unless they are gonna drag this part out for longer than 2 episodes..
    Yeah, once you factor in the drive out with the tunes playing, or the drive in with the tunes playing, you're getting precious little time devoted to each episode. Maybe that helps the pacing, I dunno if it would be different otherwise, but it seems wayyyy too short.

A soundtrack CD is being released 12/18/15.

Name:  81GifX2kFYL._SX522_.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  59.5 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Wouldnt suprise me if they end up editing the whole series together into one long episode...take out the recaps from the previius episodes and the credits u could easily do it..