Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Severin Releasing The Baby

That would be wonderful. Hopefully the Gerald Fried soundtrack will be released as well.

I love this film, manages to be so creepy and perverted without showing all that much compared to other exploitation films of the 70s.

If I got the Arrow release, I'd be triple-dipping, as I already have the ones from Geneon and Severin.

Like others, I love this movie. I saw it more than once in the 70's when it occasionally ran on Channel 27 out of Worcester, MA (the same station where I first watched NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD and numerous Mexican horror flicks). I recall there being two different broadcasts, and if my memory is clear, the one I would see during the daytime was missing a couple of scenes included in the one they showed at night: the "nursing" and the cattle prod torture. Although there were various versions on tape, I think both prints so far on DVD are complete.
    VHS will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    I can't sit through this one. Adults pretending to be babies is just wrong! This film genuinely angers me.
    I take it this won't be at the top of your "must see" list of upcoming releases:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Attack-Adul...te%3A182247031

VHS will never die!

I don't really need to own The Baby but I could see ordering it. I don't remember too much about it other than the first time, I sort of had an idea of what to expect, but my jaw still hit the floor.

There is an episode of Angie Tribeca that has adult babies & it's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
    I take it this won't be at the top of your "must see" list of upcoming releases:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Attack-Adul...te%3A182247031

Why am I not surprised that Laurence Harvey is in this?! Must be the role he was born to play!
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Coming from Arrow in Sept.

UK/US/CAN TITLE: The Baby (Blu-ray)

One of the most bizarre horror movies ever committed to celluloid.

Pre-order in the UK via Arrow: https://bit.ly/2ytPeMZ
    Pre-order in the UK via Amazon: https://amzn.to/2MOX5bd
    Pre-order in the US via DiabolikDVD: https://bit.ly/2lqtoAE
    Release date: 24/25 September

Still traumatised by the loss of her husband, well-meaning social worker Ann Gentry (Anjanette Comer, The Loved One) throws herself into her latest assignment: the case of “Baby”, a 21-year-old man with the mind of an infant – who crawls, cries and has yet to make it out of nappies. But Baby’s family – the tyrannical “Mama” Wadsworth (Ruth Roman, Strangers on a Train) and her two demented daughters – aren’t the only ones with a warped conception of familial relations, and the full horror only begins when Ann sets her sights on liberating the drooling man-child… and in so doing unleashes the wrath of the Wadsworth women.

45 years after its original release, this film remains one of the most bizarre horror movies ever committed to celluloid. Directed by Ted Post (Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Magnum Force) and co-starring Marianna Hill (Blood Beach, Messiah of Evil), The Baby is a twisted, psychedelic nightmare of suburban depravity.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
    • 1.85:1 and 1.33:1 versions of the feature
    • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
    • Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
    • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    • Brand new audio commentary by Travis Crawford
    • Down Will Come Baby – a new retrospective with film professor Rebekah McKendry
    • Tales from the Crib – archival audio Interview with director Ted Post
    • Baby Talk – archival audio Interview with Star David Mooney
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Kat Ellinger

Name:  35971702_1987744907926160_4918573255771553792_n.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  33.7 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

God, I love this one! It has the innocuous appearance of a 70's TV movie, but it's disturbingly subversive. I first saw it here in the U.K. on the BBC's legendary Moviedrome slot (as part of a double-bill with Carpenter's Halloween!). I remember showing my off-air vhs recording to my cousins and it became a bit of a cult around my house. Even now, nearly 25 years on, I still get them occasionally asking me, "what the hell was that film you used to show us about that man-baby?" I think it messed with their heads!