Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Violation of Claudia/Hot Honey DVD to be released on 10/7/2014

The Violation of Claudia/Hot Honey DVD to be released on 10/7/2014

The pre-order link on Diabolik is now live for the Billy Bagg (aka Bill Lustig) Double Feature DVD of The Violation of Claudia (1977) and Hot Honey (1978).

Here's the summary:

Before he became one of the most famous and important horror filmmakers of the 1980s, Bill Lustig(Manic Cop, Vigilante) directed these two X rated oddities. Both films have been newly restored in 2K from their original negatives and each audio commentary with Bill Lustig is moderated by Danish film director, Nicolas Winding Refn(Drive, Only God Forgives, Valhalla Rising, Bronson).

In VIOLATION OF CLAUDIA (1977), theincredible Sharon Mitchell stars as Claudia, a beautiful, wealthy housewife who enters the seedy and bizarre world of prostitution with the help of her manipulative tennis coach (Jamie Gillis).Also starring Crystal Sync, Long Jeane Silvers and Don Peterson.(63min)

In HOT HONEY (1978), young Honey (Heather Young) refuses to put out for her boyfriend,preferring to tend for her wheelchair bound brother (Jamie Gillis). But soon, Honey begins a strange sexual awakening, seducing menand women alike! Co-starring Serena and Robin Byrd.(71 min)

NTSC All Region
    Original Theatrical Trailers
    2 full length audio commentaries with director Bill Lustig
    Bonus Podcast/Interview with Bill Lustig
    Rare Slides and Memorabilia from the Vault. - See more at: http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/...eart-Theatres-[sl]-Films-of-Bill-Lustig)-(NTSC-All-Region).html#sthash.rsYLr0Jz.dpuf
    The DVD will sell for $14.99.

The 2 Refn/Lustig commentaries and the 2K scan of these films makes this release a no-brainer for me.
    It's all in the reflexes.

Nice to see Distribpix going back to some awesome catalogue titles. We all knew this was coming, glad to see it's official now.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Nice to see Distribpix going back to some awesome catalogue titles.
    That low price tag makes it that much sweeter too. I've held off on getting Misty Beethoven and Barbara Broadcast even though I'm sure they're great just because they're so pricey.

They're both essential, totally worth the money for the Blu's.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

It would be nice to see a Shaun Costello double-feature, assuming they're able to remaster and include something like Midnight Desires. I quite like Joy as well, if they're going to continue revisiting catalogue titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    They're both essential, totally worth the money for the Blu's.
    I'll have to add them to a future Diabolik order. If they end up being available via streaming on Skinaflix I'll check them out even sooner.

Holy crap that is a low price tag for two films with commentary. Looks like a must-buy to me.

Sell sheet!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Anyone know anything about 'Headmaster' with Jamie Gillis, which according to
    http://www.gayeroticvideoindex.com/V/9/37419.html
    was directed by Bill?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bates-Hardy View Post
    That low price tag makes it that much sweeter too. I've held off on getting Misty Beethoven and Barbara Broadcast even though I'm sure they're great just because they're so pricey.
    Both releases are two of the best bluray packages I own. Never once regretted paying that price for them.