Thread: Jackie Chan VS Chow Yun Fat

Jackie Chan VS Chow Yun Fat

Two very different reactions ot the demonstrations in Hong Kong recently....

Chow is a LEGEND for sticking to his principles....

Chow Yun Fat expressed his support for the protesters.
    "I’ve met the residents, the students—they are very brave and it’s touching to see that they’re fighting for what they want. The students are reasonable."
    That comment didn't sit well with the Chinese government, which has apparently placed the actor—alongside 46 others—on a blacklist. Chow didn't seem to mind much. "I'll just make less then," he said.
    and CHAN disappoints me once again (and not just by making crap movies!!!)...

The martial arts star has taken a dim view of the protests, worrying openly that it cost Hong Kong's economy $45 billion and calling for a "return to rationality." Chan's comments were consistent with a general skepticism of Hong Kong's right to free speech. In 2012, he complained that "there should be rules to determine what people can protest about and on what issues they can’t protest about," while in 2009 he opined that "Chinese people need to be controlled."
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hong-kong-...s.html#ryk0FhT

No no, you got it all backwards. Chow Yun Fat has become westernized and decadent, while Jackie, thanks no doubt to his time in America, has seen that freedom will only lead to obesity and selfies!
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Silly Swede View Post
    No no, you got it all backwards. Chow Yun Fat has become westernized and decadent, while Jackie, thanks no doubt to his time in America, has seen that freedom will only lead to obesity and selfies!
    Haha...I never thought of it that way! Chow Yun Fat is a traitor to his people!
    And now he is using this as a way to explain his decadent behaviour and laziness for wanting to work less....He'll stop working altogether soon and apply for benefits and handouts soon

Chan very obvioulsy has a nationalist streak in him though, it's evident in a lot of his recent movies. I'm not surprised he spoke out like that at all.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Chan very obvioulsy has a nationalist streak in him though, it's evident in a lot of his recent movies. I'm not surprised he spoke out like that at all.
    Not surprised as he makes a big chunk of money when his films are relased on the Mainland!