Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge Of The Cheerleaders

Revenge Of The Cheerleaders

Any non-Canadians had a look at REVENGE OF THE CHEERLEADERS yet? Don't imagine I'll get mine soon, and curious how it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
    Any non-Canadians had a look at REVENGE OF THE CHEERLEADERS yet? Don't imagine I'll get mine soon, and curious how it turned out.
    I got mine yesterday. When you play the widescreen version, you get the widescreen version.

When you play the open matte/fullframe version... you get the widescreen version.

Not sure if this affects the entire run or just mine. I also need to check it on my other player to make sure it's not a PS3 issue.

I'll try and post some caps in the next day or two.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I remember watching this via the "cheerleaders" dvd from arrow. that movie was weird as hell! the pregnant cheerleader chick running like a duck from scene to scene + hasselhoff's satanic "dance moves" ... seriously, what were they thinking?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I got mine yesterday. When you play the widescreen version, you get the widescreen version.

When you play the open matte/fullframe version... you get the widescreen version.

Not sure if this affects the entire run or just mine. I also need to check it on my other player to make sure it's not a PS3 issue.

Oy vey.

Ian,

are both the same aspect ratio? I recall he did one 16x9 in 1:78, then he did another one 16x9 1:66 pillar box. Why, I dont know. So are both the same ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Ian,

are both the same aspect ratio? I recall he did one 16x9 in 1:78, then he did another one 16x9 1:66 pillar box. Why, I dont know. So are both the same ratio?
    Honestly I just skimmed it very quickly, if there was pillarboxing I didn't notice it. I was expecting one to be fullframe and one to be 1.78.1, which wasn't the case.

I'll report back after work and if I have time, I'll post some caps.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Ian,

Ok, you're right.

This is the 'letterboxed in HD' transfer image:

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  93.9 KB

And this is the 'full screen version in HD' transfer image:

Name:  02.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  93.8 KB

So they do differ in framing, but I guess by fullframe he means 1.78.1 widescreen.

Marshall, I'll find time this weekend to upload more caps if you want me to.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I guess when I read 'fullframe' I figured open matte/1.33.1 but he means 'fills the standard HDTV frame.'
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Marshall, I'll find time this weekend to upload more caps if you want me to.
    Gosh, that sounds like kind of a pain, but I WOULD enjoy seeing them.

It is kind of a pain, but I don't mind.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!