Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Andy Milligan

Yes, I wish they would find and release Gutter Trash, The Filthy Five, etc. I also wish they would release Compass Rose, which Mcdonough said existed in I=his book on Andy. Glad to see his cinema get released to blu ray. I will have to get these, especially Seeds ( I own the Something Weird disc also with the out take footage). Also was wondering is The man With Two Heads also getting a new release? I will definitely have to get that, if it does.

Yes, I wish they would find and release Gutter Trash, The Filthy Five, etc. I also wish they would release Compass Rose, which Mcdonough said existed in I=his book on Andy. Glad to see his cinema get released to blu ray. I will have to get these, especially Seeds ( I own the Something Weird disc also with the out take footage). Also was wondering is The man With Two Heads also getting a new release? I will definitely have to get that, if it does. I have that Bfi dvd blu ray combo of the great Night Birds and The Body Beneath. I highly recommend that set.

COMPASS ROSE does exist, there's a torrent of it floating around. It only exists as a workprint with very bad sound unfortunately.
    Last edited by Thomas Wood; 10-20-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wood View Post
    COMPASS ROSE does exist, there's a torrent of it floating around. It only exists as a workprint with no sound unfortunately.
    I haven't seen it so can't verify but cinefear offer a boot of compass rose that is a workprint with a soundtrack and dialogue (yet some dialogue is still missing). I know it's out there but how complete I don't know

I knew a print of Compass rose existed, but I never new it was available from cinefear or a torrent. Has anyone seen either the conefear release or the torrent? Thanks for replies.

Also forgot to ask. Is there a torrent or anything for The House Of Seven Bells? Jimmy Mcdonough mentioned the print existed in his book.

Compass Rose can be seen on YouTube.

Incidentally, all this new interest in, and enthusiasm for, Milligan is very welcome, as far as I'm concerned, because he's my favorite filmmaker.
    Last edited by Tobias Wragg; 10-21-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks for the info about Compass Rose. I grabbed it for my collection. Always been a big fan of Milligan. I own a good chunk of his filmography, and love his work, they are dark little art films. His films were like no other, and always had his stamp on them. Thanks again to everyone for the info. Much appreciated

Diabolik has the pre-order up for Seeds/Vapors.

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/a...blu-ray-combo/

Name:  VS-196_mockup.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  78.8 KB

Vinegar Syndrome proudly presents Andy Milligan’s SEEDS / VAPORS, the third release in our new Limited Edition Sexploitation Signature Series. This Blu-ray/DVD combo is strictly limited to 2,500 units.

Andy Milligan was one of the most significant underground filmmakers working in 60’s sexploitation. Presented here are two of his crucial early works:

In SEEDS (1968), a family reunion over Christmas reignites long simmering tensions and rekindles dangerous sexual affairs. But, as buried secrets are revealed, a mysterious killer begins murdering the perverse family members one by one in increasingly sadistic ways…

In VAPORS (1965), Milligan’s debut film, a lonely young man named Thomas visits a public steam bath where he meets an enigmatic stranger named Mr. Jaffee. As the night unfolds, Thomas finds himself in a hellish and perverse world of sexual misery.

Vinegar Syndrome and Distribpix present SEEDS & VAPORS, newly restored in 4k from their negative elements, with SEEDS available in its original and director’s cut for the first time in nearly 50 years! English

Fullscreen 1.33:1DTS-HD Master Audio Mono

• Region free Blu-ray/DVD combo pack
    • Newly scanned and restored in 4k from a mixture of 35mm & 16mm vault elements
    • “SEEDS OF SIN” – alternate feature length sexploitation version
    • “VAPORS” – short film directed by Andy Milligan
    • Interview with John Borske (writer / SEEDS)
    • Interview with Gerald Jacuzzo (lead actor / VAPORS)
    • Q&A from the Quad Cinema NYC screening in 2017 with John Borske, Gerald Jacuzzo and Patricia Dillon (actress / SEEDS)
    • Original theatrical trailer
    • Still gallery
    • English SDH Subtitles
    Rock! Shock! Pop!