Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Milligan

So it was mentioned on the Severin Films podcast that came out the other day that their boxed set is still being worked on but it's close to being ready for announcement.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Miller View Post
    At least BB is the same cut as the VHS and not the further-chopped Video Kart edit.
    Was their ever an uncut version in circulation, either in cinemas or on video?

I spent some part of the Christmas hols putting together a 9000 or so word piece on Andy Milligan's quintet of British films, encompassing NIGHTBIRDS, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!, BLOODTHIRSTY BUTCHERS, THE MAN WITH TWO HEADS and THE BODY BENEATH. This has been published by Horrified Mag on their website.

The article can be found here: https://www.horrifiedmagazine.co.uk/...ritish-horror/

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Great piece, Paul!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Great piece, Paul!
    Thanks, Ian. It was fun to do the research for this, as I revisited almost all of the Millligan films that are available over Christmas. Gave me a chance to hide away from the news for a while.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Name:  ddd.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  32.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Haha! I should have posted that here too. This box seems like it'll be really impressive in the end.

Boom!

https://severin-films.com/shop/andy-...an-collection/

He’s been described as “The Fassbinder of 42nd Street” (Artforum), “a celebration of hate” (Bleeding Skull) and “an unmatched voice from the underbelly of low-budget cinema” (Rue Morgue). More than a quarter century after his death, he remains perhaps the most divisive name in genre history. Severin Films now presents the cranium-cleaving collection devoted to writer/actor/director Andy Milligan – “a gay sadist who pioneered New York’s avant-garde theater world and made astonishingly unique exploitation movies” (Diabolique Magazine) – on 8 Blu-rays featuring 14 surviving films from his NYC and London years, 10+ hours of trailers, outtakes, interviews & audio commentaries, a bonus CD and an all-new 128-page book by Stephen Thrower that explores the profane madness behind it all. From his provocative underground work through his international scuzz-horror classics, experience the venomous legacy of the filmmaker Time Magazine calls “depraved, degenerate, desperate, damned” like never before.

Special Features:

Disc 1: The Ghastly Ones

Audio Commentary with Actor Hal Borske and Filmmaker Frank Henenlotter
    Audio Commentary with CineFear.com’s Keith Crocker
    Partial Audio Commentary with Filmmaker Fred Olen Ray
    Trailer
    BLOOD RITES Alternate Title Sequence
    Ghastly & Depraved – Interview with Marketing Wiz Samuel M. Sherman
    Trailer for Lost Milligan Film DEPRAVED!
    Talk Of The Trade – Interview with Early Milligan Actress Natalie Rogers
    The Filthy Five – One German Language Reel of Lost Milligan Film
    Runtime: 72 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.33.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region

Disc 2: The Body Beneath / Nightbirds

The Body Beneath:

Audio Commentary with Film Scholars Vic Pratt and Will Fowler
    Trailer
    Runtime: 82 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.33.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region

Nightbirds:

Audio Commentary with Actor Berwick Kaler & Film Scholar Stephen Thrower
    Trailer
    Runtime: 77 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.33.1/B&W/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region

Disc 3: Torture Dungeon / Bloodthirsty Butchers

Torture Dungeon (Never Before Released Director’s Cut):

Audio Commentary with Milligan Historian Alex Disanto
    Trailer
    Runtime: 80 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.33.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region

Bloodthirsty Butchers (Never Before Released Director’s Cut):

Trailer
    Runtime: 79 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.33.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region

Disc 4: The Curse of the Full Moon (Never Before Released Director’s Cut) / The Rats are Coming! The Werewolves are Here! (Theatrical Cut)

The World of Andy Milligan – Locations Featurette Narrated by Temple of Shlock’s Chris Poggiali
    Trailer
    The Curse of the Full Moon Specs: Runtime 73 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.33.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region
    The Rats are Coming! The Werewolves are Here!: Runtime: 92 minutes/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region

Disc 5: Man With Two Heads / Guru, the Mad Monk

Man With Two Heads (Never Before Released Director’s Cut):

Party Sequence – Alternate Version
    Trailer
    Runtime: 89 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.33.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region

Guru, the Mad Monk (Presented in 1.85.1 and 1.33.1 Versions):

Audio Commentary with CineFear.com’s Keith Crocker
    Remembering Andy Milligan – Interview with Set Photographer Tom Vozza
    Trailer
    Runtime: 56 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.85.1 and 1.33.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region

Disc 6: Legacy of Blood (Never Before Released Theatrical Cut) / Legacy of Horror (TV Cut)

Blood or Horror – Interview with Executive Producer Ken Lane
    Legacy of Chris – Interview with Actor Chris Broderick
    TV Spot
    Legacy of Blood Specs: Runtime: 77 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.85.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region
    Legacy of Horror Specs: Runtime: 83 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.33.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region

Disc 7: Fleshpot on 42nd Street / Seeds of Sin

VAPORS (1965, 32 min)
    Trailer
    Fleshpot on 42nd Street Specs: Runtime: 87 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.33.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region
    Seeds of Sin Specs: Runtime: 84 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.33.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region
    Disc 8: Carnage / Blood

Toga Party (1971, 84 min)
    MONSTROSITY Trailer
    Carnage Specs: Runtime: 92 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.33.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region
    Blood Specs: Runtime: 69 minutes/Aspect Ratio: 1.85.1/Color/English Mono w/Closed Caps/All Region

Disc 9: The Bearded Lady’s Wake CD – Electronic Music by Frequent Milligan Collaborator Hal Borske

Bonus: Andy Milligan’s Venom (All New 128 page Book by Stephen Thrower)

Name:  AndyMilliganBoxSet.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  MilliganBoxSet-scaled.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  57.0 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Ooh! This looks great and thanks to a tax rebate I've placed an order. I'm surprised that 'House Of Seven Belles' isn't tucked away in the box (did Refn ask for too much money?) but this is still going to be worth it.

Ordered. This was already going to be the greatest set ever, as far as I was concerned, but it's even better than I was expecting.