Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Milligan

Flattery and foreplay Ian Miller's Avatar
    At least BB is the same cut as the VHS and not the further-chopped Video Kart edit.

There are 2 caps from each BD ober at AV Maniacs if you want to take an advance peek.
    The caps are poorly selected but what is there looks pretty nice.

I've only seen one Milligan film, Guru: The Mad Monk, and it was... Yeah. It wasn't trashy enough to be entertaining. I'm willing to give him one more chance though.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I watched Bloodthirsty Butchers last night - it's actually much worse than I remember it being, haha. The print used is all over the place in terms of black levels and color but it's watcahble enough and has its own sort of grimy charm I guess. The movie sucks pretty hard, yet... I'm very happy to have it. The interview with the actor was an interesting extra too. Looking forward to digging into the other two Milligan Blu's in the coming days. I need to space them out a bit, I think if I marathoned these my brain would melt.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Flattery and foreplay Ian Miller's Avatar
    I've watched both the BB and MAN WITH TWO HEADS blu's over the last couple of days, I actually enjoyed BUTCHERS more than ever before. It's a disaster, to be sure, but I love it! It has most of the Andy traits with hateful dialogue and innocence rendered trite by contrast with the evil characters. Truth be told, though, it's the costumes by "Raffine" that steal the show constantly, they always look starchy and too-new, just about ready to fall apart. A perfect complement to the God-awful wigs and thoroughly strange character make-ups.

From Fred Olen Ray's FB page:

"Wide Screen triple feature from 35mm. New Commentaries by David DeCoteau, Special Video Featurettes, Wide Screen Trailers and More. March 2015"

Name:  1506770_835514416492094_6551111854695923283_n.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  88.4 KB

Sounds like it's probably going to be DVD only, Fred follows the post by saying this:

"We're not doing Blu Rays of anything until we test the waters with HOLLYWOOD CHAINSAW HOOKERS... I don't think there's an audience for a Blu-ray of this title and I'm not enough of a fanboy to eat the lab costs to find out."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I normally avoid Fred's output like the plague, but the commentaries will likely sucker me in.
    Hope the GAHSTLY ONES comes out decent.

More information from The Official Fred Olen Ray Page regarding THE ANDY MILLIGAN GRINDHOUSE EXPERIENCE: "Yes, Tom Vozza's featurette will carry over, plus two new video features, plus new wide screen trailers, wide screen progressive scan features, and historical commentaries by David DeCoteau".

I'm fairly sure these ain't widescreen movies!

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Meteor View Post
    I'm fairly sure these ain't widescreen movies!
    Having just watched Torture Dungeon, I'm not sure it was either, but it's 1.78.1 on the Code Red Blu-ray. Some shots looked okay, others... lots of missing heads and stuff. Now I'm not really that familiar with this one so maybe it's just really poorly shot but it looked tight, even cropped, in spots to me. Awesome movie though, enjoyed this one a lot more than Bloodthirsty Butchers - catty and sleazy and bitchy and trashy and oh my goodness, the accents! haha. This is one I'll be going back to sooner rather than later...

While I'm interested in the Retromedia triple feature to be sure, I'm not going to let go of the SWV releases just yet.

Interesting that somehow we seem to have landed in the midst of a Milligan home video resurgence. Between the CR Blu's, the BFI Blu from last year, the Retromedia disc and the two Vinegar Syndrome downloads, it's a great time to be a Milligan fan.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!