Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Ritter's Day Of The Reaper... Coming To Blu-ray!

Tim Ritter's Day Of The Reaper... Coming To Blu-ray!

Name:  dayofthereaper.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  64.4 KB

Tim Ritter’s first horror film, the super-8mm slasher, returns to VHS this Sunday night in a limited edition release. This time around tho, and for the first time ever, the movie has been given a proper transfer from the original film reels. And besides the usual Clam Shell / Big Box / Deluxe version VHS releases, there will also be DVD and Blu-Ray options for the first time ever. All releases are limited, and this will be the last time the movie will be made available on any of these formats.

“Five women on vacation are stalked by a hooded cannibal killer in the town of Sunnyville Florida.”

The VHS release is limited to 50 units split up over the three versions. The DVD and Blu-Ray each will be limited to 100 units. Once gone, they are gone for good, so lock yours down now!
    There will also be a Lego White Reaper character option, which comes with the Deluxe VHS release but can be added on to the Clam shell, Big Box, VHS or Blu-Ray releases for just $10 more.
    “Day of the Reaper” remastered goes LIVE this Sunday night at 7pm EST.

• Get the VHS and Lego figure HERE.
    • Get the DVD HERE.
    • Get the Blu-Ray HERE.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

This bad boy is almost sold out. Anyone who wants one should get one today. I got my order in day one, because I need Tim Ritter movies on Blu-ray.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Cheers Ian for the heads up, i've only seen Creep before and remember it being pretty weird, took a punt on the limited blu!

Be glad you did, it's sold out now.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Just got my shipping confirmation from SRS. With a little luck I'll get it on Fri. and I can check it out before I take off for work for a week. Otherwise, I'll post some thoughts on it once I get back.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Some (clickable) caps from the Blu-ray!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

One of the extras on the disc is the 'original transfer' and yeah, this is a bit of a revelation when you compare the two. You can actually see what's going on in this one.

The BD transfer takes up 17GBs on the disc, the DVD transfer takes up just under 3. Lossy audio for the HD version, sadly, but it does have a commentary and a still gallery.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Looks good from the screencaps considering it was filmed on Super8. Looking forward to checking this one out when it arrives.

Judging from the blu-ray screenshots, this film looks right up my alley. Love that home-made sleaziness! But damn, sold out!

The killer in that last screencap is not QUITE as muscly or dangerous looking as the guy depicted on the cover....