Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Ritter's Day Of The Reaper... Coming To Blu-ray!

Ok, finally got to watch this all the way through last night and for all its flaws, and they are infinite, I really enjoyed it. You can tell these kids (and they really are just a bunch of teenagers) put their all into it and did the best with what they had (which wasn't much). It's not creative, it's derivitive and it's chock full o' plot holes, logic gaps and horrible editing decisions but the enthusiasm and sincerity evident in every frame kind of makes up for it. There's a fair bit of unintentional comedy here too, as you could probably guess, but yeah, I dug this quite a bit. It won't appeal to those who don't already have a soft spot for this type of stuff but if you're already a fan of low budget nonsense, you'll probably enjoy it too.

I look forward to revisiting it and checking out Ritter's commentary.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

awesome review btw Ian

Ha, you ain't seen nothing yet! I actually have a formal piece to post on the main page later this week.

Anymore of Tim's stuff getting reissued by you guys any time soon?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

not immediately, I'd like to do more blu-rays of his work but not unless we can improve on the past releases of it. We will likely do another vhs release of "Killing Spree", this time the version as it was released (the prior vhs release was a low res time coded director's cut of the movie never seen). And one day we'd still like to recut the movie from the original tapes into Tim's intended version and do all new Blu's, DVD and VHS releases. Also considering "Deadly Dares" for Blu, as it's pretty much ready to go for that, even was recut from the release version and upscaled to HD. I'd love to remaster Truth or Dare, but original materials are long gone...

Quote Originally Posted by srscinema View Post
    I'd love to remaster Truth or Dare, but original materials are long gone...
    Now that's a damn shame. It's probably the most popular of his titles too. Deadly Dares was shot on HD, right? I'd be down for a Blu if you can get to that one.

I've been revisiting some of his stuff lately and really enjoying it.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

One of the biggest enjoyments of Tim's work is just the sheer love of making horror movies you pick up from him as he made them

IF you missed the Blu-ray, and don't want to pay $50-$60 for someone selling their used one on Ebay, the DVD is still available, but getting down there...

http://srscinema.com/home/?page_id=178&catid=8

Name:  DSC06478small.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  83.0 KB

Only 28 copies of "Day of the Reaper" limited DVD are left, grab them up while you still can! Includes newly transferred version and original transfer version, photo gallery and more. http://srscinema.com/home/?page_id=178&catid=8

This is getting reissued on BD-R soon.

http://srscinema.com/home/?p=1586

So get ready, cause “Day of the Reaper” is back! It’s the same HD version from the first release, and is available once again on Bluray and DVD (but with new art). PLUS this time, we’re adding in a first ever VHS release of the HD cut. And it all unfolds at 7pm EST tonight!

“Five women on vacation are stalked by a hooded cannibal killer in the town of Sunnyville Florida. Tim Ritter’s first flick, shot on super 8mm when he was a teen, given a 2k transfer from the original film negs.”

Name:  dotrblu2.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  65.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!